• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Canucks 12/9 10:00

That’s a very good question Jeffbear. Why make those moves if you’re not going to use the assets you obtained? Was RBA on board with them?

Is there any possibility there could be issues in the locker room?

• You have the Pesce situation where he can’t be feeling like he’s very wanted here.
  • TDA is potentially a flashpoint and polarizing figure. He can’t be happy getting benched.
  • How is Bunting fitting in?
  • How about Orlov?
There’s been a lot of change. A lot of new guys that might not have the same buy in.

The biggest concern for me is Slavin is off his game. What’s going on with that? Unless he’s been injured all season it seems like that points to something going on. He never seemed to make mistakes or get beaten but this year he’s been pretty mortal by the eye test.

The biggest concern for me is Slavin is off his game. What’s going on with that? Unless he’s been injured all season it seems like that points to something going on. He never seemed to make mistakes or get beaten but this year he’s been pretty mortal by the eye test.
Slavin's underlying stats are still good to great, so I'm not sure what you're seeing. He's having to cover a bit more ground for Burns, which might explain it somewhat.

Slavin's underlying stats are still good to great, so I'm not sure what you're seeing. He's having to cover a bit more ground for Burns, which might explain it somewhat.
Just that prior to this year Slavin being back on coverage was almost a guarantee that there wouldn’t be a goal. This year he seems to be mortal in that regard. He’s not automatic this season.

Just that prior to this year Slavin being back on coverage was almost a guarantee that there wouldn’t be a goal. This year he seems to be mortal in that regard. He’s not automatic this season.
Nobody's ever automatic other than in memory

Nobody's ever automatic other than in memory
I don’t think I’m misremembering. Sure of it in fact. Can’t tell you how many times we watch an odd man rush happening and realize 74 is back so nothing to worry about. This season I see him making ill timed forays deep in the O zone. I see him out of position to make a play in the D zone. Not saying he’s perfect or suddenly bad, but his level of excellence doesn’t seem to be where it’s been. Maybe that’s just me.

It's time for a trade, it's time for change and it's time to have some fans quit being so attached to some of these guys...ie: Necas. Go make a hockey trade to change things up...dont make excuses why you cannot find a goalie or find a trading partner...something needs to be done, do not let this team fall out of the playoffs to a point where you are playing desperation hockey for two or three months.

It's time for a trade, it's time for change and it's time to have some fans quit being so attached to some of these guys...ie: Necas. Go make a hockey trade to change things up...dont make excuses why you cannot find a goalie or find a trading partner...something needs to be done, do not let this team fall out of the playoffs to a point where you are playing desperation hockey for two or three months.
Look ... fans of every team in every sport have the same issue. I'll grant you that the online Canes fan community is a little more fanboy/girl-ish than some, but the overall effect is the same. Fans form irrational attachments just like they find scapegoats for irrational reasons.

That said, I really wish people would quit acting like there won't be a return should their favorite player get traded. THAT really grinds my gears.

Last edited:
Back