• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Coyotes 2/16 9:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The road trip continues with the first of a back to back.

The trip started with a loss in Dallas on Tuesday. Neutral zone turnovers killed them as the Stars won 4-2. Jack Drury had a late goal chalked off for goaltender interference. Freddie Andersen practiced with the full squad in Phoenix yesterday but is still a ways away from returning. With a back to back, and a stronger opponent tomorrow, I’d expect Martin in goal tonight.

The Coyotes started the season brightly but it’s turned ugly lately. They’re 7th in the Central with 50 points in 52 games and are 2-7-1 in their last 10. Clayton Keller leads with 21 goals and 28 assists and is nearly a point per game player. After him, the pickings are slim, only 4 other skaters have as many as 10 goals and only 3 others have at least 20 assists. Goalie Connor Ingram has kept them in most games but he was injured on Wednesday and is not available. Karel Vejmelka is the backup and has started 19 games. He’s been solid in 2 of his last 3 appearances, both in relief, allowing 1 goal in 13 shots in 17 minutes against the Wild on Tuesday and shutting out Vegas on 28 shots in 45 minutes last week, after Ingram gave up 3 goals on 6 shots. He gave up 4 goals on 33 shots against the Flyers in his last start on Monday. He’s at 3.36/.900 for the season. The Yotes are 24th in goals per game, 18th in goals against. They’re 14th on the PP and 18th on the PK.

Bally Sports South for TV.

Whew ... good thing I took a phone call and you beat me to the punch on the GDT. I figured you'd be at the breakfast buffet. It's rarely good for mojo when I have to post these things.

Whew ... good thing I took a phone call and you beat me to the punch on the GDT. I figured you'd be at the breakfast buffet. It's rarely good for mojo when I have to post these things.
Too early for the breakfast buffet, it’s only 7:30 in Vegas. Still recovering from the dinner buffet at Caesar’s last night. The mile walk back from the Bellagio helped.

Too early for the breakfast buffet, it’s only 7:30 in Vegas. Still recovering from the dinner buffet at Caesar’s last night. The mile walk back from the Bellagio helped.
The Caesars buffet is outstanding. Bellagio's is also excellent.

Nice win tonight. I also figured that Martin would get the start tonight in goal but Brindy very consistently does the opposite of what I would do.

The Caesars buffet is outstanding. Bellagio's is also excellent.

Nice win tonight. I also figured that Martin would get the start tonight in goal but Brindy very consistently does the opposite of what I would do.
Bellagio Buffet was always our favorite…do they still have the cut and split crab legs on there? Great effort overall last night, poor Vejmelka was asked to mostly do everything on his own for the Yotes .

What the heck?
2-1 and playing like leftover dog crap at the end of one. chalked it up as a loss and went to bed. Wow, surprise 5-1!

Super start, muddled middle, and excellent end (yes, I like alliteration). Not a great performance from our 1st line, but better than their last outing. A perfect penalty kill and near-perfect power play continues our special teams success. PK was very good. Was that poke-check really a trip? I mean, what's a goalie to do when he dives for the puck and bats it away?

Fairly dominant effort from Carolina. A few line tweaks from Roddy, but it was Drury centering Necas and Bunting that did a lot of the butt kicking. Not sure about the choice to roll Kochetkov last night and Martin tonight in Vegas, but hey ... whatever. PK needed to post a nice stable effort and he pretty much got one in.

Back