• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Flames 12/7 9:00

See, yall watched the game when you shoulda had the game on an ipad and Christmas movies on the TV.
1702041774289.jpeg

This team simply has no A level talent. And it's becoming more and more obvious. None of them are capable of "bringing it" every night. Waddell should have the "Clearance" sign on the door.

The loss of this game and a 2-goal lead in the 3rd was a disaster. Thinking of how all the experts (not to mention me and many other fans) considered the Canes moves in the off-season to be so savvy, it seems they've been a complete failure (at least so far). No one is playing well consistently, and some players have been bad to mediocre all season long. It may be that our awful goaltending is not just in the head of Kochetkov, but also in the heads of our entire team.

It may be that our awful goaltending is not just in the head of Kochetkov, but also in the heads of our entire team.
You can take out the "may be" part. Bad/erratic goaltending infects everything. It's not the only problem, but it absolutely IS a problem.

The loss of this game and a 2-goal lead in the 3rd was a disaster. Thinking of how all the experts (not to mention me and many other fans) considered the Canes moves in the off-season to be so savvy, it seems they've been a complete failure (at least so far). No one is playing well consistently, and some players have been bad to mediocre all season long. It may be that our awful goaltending is not just in the head of Kochetkov, but also in the heads of our entire team.
I would say it is in their heads. But I’m thinking the goaltending challenges exacerbate the other flaws in our lineup.

Ultimately I think a big part of our issues are we don’t have legit top line forwards. We have a bunch of guys good enough to be 1/3 of a top line but none really good enough and when we put 3 of them together we have basically a second line for any contending team.

I would say it is in their heads. But I’m thinking the goaltending challenges exacerbate the other flaws in our lineup.

Ultimately I think a big part of our issues are we don’t have legit top line forwards. We have a bunch of guys good enough to be 1/3 of a top line but none really good enough and when we put 3 of them together we have basically a second line for any contending team.
They have always managed to get by with this current core as a sum of the parts…but the reality is there is no one that can carry this team for long stretches. Fundamentally this team is flawed when it comes to a goalie that can carry this club on its back and they certainly do not have a bonafide stud/star player that can do that. I think Rod pretty much summed it up post game when he said there is not anywhere near enough guys carrying their load…this team in the past has managed to be successful when everyone is going…but not a soul on this team is good enough to carry the load when half or more of your guys are doing squat.

It’s very hard to get players to buy in to that level of effort/sacrifice when the other team is able to score so easily without it. The goalie issues lead to guys not being willing to put in the work, which then snowballs.

We’re constructed to outwork and overwhelm other teams with depth. But without legit top level offensive talent goals are going to be hit or miss. We struggle in the playoffs or really any other times when other teams with higher end talent are willing to work as hard.

If we bust ass for 20 minutes and dominate but maybe get 1 or 2 and then give up an easy goal or 2 I think the guys lose belief in the system.

I also think after seeing how this doesn’t work in the playoffs I think the guys are struggling to believe in the system.

I’ve been wondering why, in our defensive zone, some of the players look totally and often players are overloading one side of the goal leaving the other wide open.
this morning I found out that they've been playing man to man. I think other teams realize this and lots of movement and weaving can destroy man to man coverage.
i believe that is what is happening.
the only time I can remember playing any type man to man is when the other team had a super star and one of ours would shadow. Other than that everything was zone defense.

Other teams have absolutely been dragging Carolina's D-men around the zone with overloads a LOT more this season. That's something that only a few teams intentionally attacked in years past.

Our dmen chase their people and get picked off and lose their man then stand around looking for him.
weaving, picking and rapid movemen destroy man to man.

Back