• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Islanders 4/21 7:00

Flush that turd, and win games 4 and 5 with more effort and discipline. The Isles don't deserve to be in the playoffs

They should really consider sitting Puljujarvi forever. He is a total waste of a line mate. I’d love to see Rees or Ponomarev out there. I doubt it will happen, but enough of this big lug.

Did Aho even play in this game?
Someone should send him a can of “Stick ‘Em.” He lost his stick no less than 3 times this game.

The Islanders were very aggressive in the 3rd and we were on the PK for a good bit. At some point we were going to wear down. Bottom line, if you’re not scoring, you’re not going to win. Say what you want about the physicality of the NYI, but we know what playoff hockey is like and there’s no surprise in my opinion. Our speed had them hemmed in and we were controlling the game— scoring is the only way to settle scores and that’s not happenin.

Same issues. The PP has to come through. You have to be able to score more than 1 or 2 goals per game.

Someone should send him a can of “Stick ‘Em.” He lost his stick no less than 3 times this game.

The Islanders were very aggressive in the 3rd and we were on the PK for a good bit. At some point we were going to wear down. Bottom line, if you’re not scoring, you’re not going to win. Say what you want about the physicality of the NYI, but we know what playoff hockey is like and there’s no surprise in my opinion. Our speed had them hemmed in and we were controlling the game— scoring is the only way to settle scores and that’s not happenin.
You cannot have what’s left of your top offensive players in Aho/Necas left off the scoresheet and expect to win. This team is offensively challenged with the injuries and it’s going to be critical to score with the limited opportunities they get.

Put MacEachorn in on Sunday and leave Pool Party in the press box. It’s not going to fix our offensive woes, but not a lot of confidence in Puljujarvi right now.

3 of the top 6 forwards need to be replaced. That's an a overhaul IMO. This team is soft, small, and can't score. That regular season record won't get you a damned thing, except excited about nothing in the playoffs.

I disagree. You don't overhaul the 2nd best record in the league. You try again to fix what's missing, which is one or two high end scorers. Our defense is solid - keep them signed. Find one excellent goalie. And spend the summer being creative with the power play.
Personally, I’d like to also see some long term plans for the goaltending position too! Jury is still out on if Pyotr is the guy but they need that shored up well so they can focus on the key areas you mentioned.

First. They don’t need a massive overhaul. One top 6 forward with size (6’3” 230lbs) with speed and skill ideally a C.. Svetch will be back. Patches? I think one or two bigger but still talented players swapped into the top 6 will do wonders.

Our D is solid. Our goaltending is Ok. Raanta or Freddie plus Petr and the other prospect isn’t awful. If they can improve on that. Great but it’s a solid starting point.

We are losing games because we can’t score. Our D is leading or near leading the league both defensively and scoring which shows just how bad our forwards have been.

Beating dead horse 🐎 here, wish we had done something of note at the deadline…lord knows we could use an NHL caliber forward.

Beating dead horse 🐎 here, wish we had done something of note at the deadline…lord knows we could use an NHL caliber forward.
I do think they would have done more if they weren’t so hot at the time. Leading up to and including the deadline the Canes were on their second huge winning streak. I really do think if they had a few losses in there, they would have done more. They had zero urgency at the time.

Back