• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Lightning 10/24 7:00

Aho thought it was a close game. Is he watching with Mike?

We’re not dangerous. We take low danger chances. They keep us to the outside and pressure our points opportunistically knowing they’ll get rush chances on blocks and turnovers.

I felt that way the first 2 periods then the third happened and We were about as threatening as a small sleeping kitten.

I didn't watch the game and I didn't let the loss bother me - because my daughter-in-law gave birth a baby boy last night. She was a month early, but the baby is healthy and weighs in at 6 pounds, 13 ounces. Even the Canes lackluster performance wasn't going to ruin my day!

I didn't watch the game and I didn't let the loss bother me - because my daughter-in-law gave birth a baby boy last night. She was a month early, but the baby is healthy and weighs in at 6 pounds, 13 ounces. Even the Canes lackluster performance wasn't going to ruin my day!
Congratulations to the whole family, exciting times for all!!!!

The Slavin stuff has really bothered me, when your best defenseman in his own zone is making that many critical errors and mistakes that begs the question of how disjointed the D has been as a whole to start the year. I am someone that likes to watch "the game within the game" in terms of focusing on individual players, I have never saw Slavin make the amount of mistakes he has made many nights this season. Now it could very much be that the pressure to pick up the slack on a team that has really played so poorly in their own zone is immense but all and all he has the same partner and everything has just been a cluster. The Canes cannot blame the goaltending or the officiating last night, they just simply did not do enough in that game to matter and the result speaks for itself. Thursday is a real litmus test for this team...an interesting case study at home!

Baby steps ... start with giving up an acceptable number of goals against, work from there.

Congratulations to all!

I had to chug another bottle of Imodium after that
That only helps one end…

As an aside, I used to work for Johnson & Johnson, makers of Imodium when it was was a prescription drug. I was at our company in France and the financial director was trying to make a point about how they treated new items. He said “let’s say Imodium is for the…eyes”. We all busted out laughing because we knew. He just looked at us and laughed too, he didn’t know the English word for what it treated.

I’m having a hard time getting into this season. They seem apathetic. Makes it hard for me to get my give a shit level up there.

Back