• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Nashville 12/27 8:00

Preds pulled Saros for the 3rd. Lankinen was ill, so,they called up Yaroslav Askarov from Milwaukee earlier today. He’s making his regular season home debut. He played 1 game in Montreal last year.

Brunette waved the white flag with about 2 minutes left and Kochetkov didn’t have an opportunity for an empty netter. Kochetkov had 35 saves and lost his stick at least 3 times.

Brunette waved the white flag with about 2 minutes left and Kochetkov didn’t have an opportunity for an empty netter. Kochetkov had 35 saves and lost his stick at least 3 times.
That boy needs to find a tub of that 70s era stick-um that NFL receivers and d-backs used to slather on their mitts.

We used that stuff in little league. All it did was make your hands sticky. Google Lester Hayes and try to find what he use to use. As JB referenced, it was more of a Vaseline consistency. He would literally slather it all over hs hands, forearms, jersey, etc to make the ball stick.
At this point, even pine tar would help. I’m sure the Durham Bulls equipment managers could hook the Canes up.

We used that stuff in little league. All it did was make your hands sticky. Google Lester Hayes and try to find what he use to use. As JB referenced, it was more of a Vaseline consistency. He would literally slather it all over hs hands, forearms, jersey, etc to make the ball stick.
They still make that stuff, I was surprised to find out. The NFL banned it in the early 80s, but most guys of a certain age remember Lester Hayes and other defensive backs being absolutely coated in the stuff. It was an orange-ish paste the consistency of axle grease. Now the football guys use tacky gloves, which at least reduces the chances of being blinded when some doofus face washes you "accidentally."

Back