• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Oilers 10/20 9:00

Jarvis over KK every time and trust me the Canes are not letting Jarvis play and sit on the bench if he is concussed like you mentioned.
Trust you?
He was all over the ice for 2.5 games took that hit and has been invisible since. Something is wrong with him since that hit.
KK was fine and has been part of our best line. Seemed like a lot of guys heads weren’t in the game including Jarvis and TT and Skeji and Freddie and…. That’s not the norm for this team.

Last edited:
Anderson was great in the first, but sucked pretty much afterwards - the breakdowns didn't help. The Oilers were playing very aggressively at home, so I won't put too much stock in this game - but the Canes have some work to do. Svech was awesome, but Staal, Turbo and Stasney looked lost.

With his hattie last night, Svech became the 7th person since 2000 to record a regular season and playoff hat trick before age 23.

OK ... jeez. Lots of emotions on the thread for Game 4.

So, pretty much that's what you don't want to do playing that team on the road. Carolina scrapped around and hung in there, but you can't be making that many loose decisions in the D zone against a team with that much scoring or else you're gonna end up needing 6 or 7 of your own. Given recent history, I'm not that worried about the D zone stuff. They'll figure it out eventually and that was the first outing for the Canes against a team that can skate with them. I'm actually encouraged by the offense though. Yeah, it would be nicer to get more even contributions but I'm not gonna complain when they score 4 on the road. The way this team is built, that's going to be good enough 90% of the time.

Svech was working hard in all three zones last night (at least before we went to bed at 3-1). He might be on the cusp of the kind of year he was projected to be capable of.

Need to put Andersen on an Irbe leash.
That was the last part of his game to come around last season, and we're only 3 starts in. I figure he'll settle it down pretty soon. His decision making on clearing passes has already improved dramatically from opening night.

I’m still learning this team. The desire was there, the effort was there. They didn’t quite but the result was a disappointment. You can’t win them all.

OK ... jeez. Lots of emotions on the thread for Game 4.
I know you realize commentary during a game thread is by it’s very nature focused on the immediate/present. So when they’re playing like hot garbage it gets called out. Or when people disagree with decisions it gets brought up. That isn’t a reflection on the broader picture and it doesn’t matter if it’s game 1 or game 50.

They made 2 bad/awful/difficult to explain decisions that cost them 2 goals. They had a lot of guys looking lost or tired and aside from Svetch and a few others it was not a good performance. So they lost.

I know you realize commentary during a game thread is by it’s very nature focused on the immediate/present. So when they’re playing like hot garbage it gets called out. Or when people disagree with decisions it gets brought up. That isn’t a reflection on the broader picture and it doesn’t matter if it’s game 1 or game 50.
Sure ... fine. I'm just saying you guys were in midseason form. Unless that's not allowed of course.

Sure ... fine. I'm just saying you guys were in midseason form. Unless that's not allowed of course.
I agree. If we can be prepared enough to be in mid season form you’d think professional hockey players could at least not be making PeeWee level decisions.

we can get riled on a game level basis.

Back