• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Oilers 12/6 9:30

Long day at work yesterday kicked my @$$ and sent me to bed early. I just watched the "highlights" of this one and I'm glad I missed it. Edmonton clearly had their game on with revenge in mind and Carolina was just sort of present without voting. I can't remember seeing Slavin and Staal getting abused as badly as they were on that first goal. Apparently, Warren Fogele wanted some payback. Edmonton didn't need any fluky goals, every one was legit. I'd say revenge has been exacted. Even based on highlights, I can't remember the last time our Defense looked so shaky and slow. They gave up way too much space, too easily. Disturbing at best. Shake it off and on to Calgary.

Jim

I'll say this again. Carolina has no star power. There isn't one guy on this team capable of flipping a game. The ONLY player I've seen do this over the last few years, has done it maybe twice...Jordan. They have a roster full of B and C level talent, all streaky and inconsistent.

40 shots, 1 goal.
them 2 shots,2 goals in first 41 seconds.
and down hill from there.

Yeah ... not great fellas. Interested to see how the rest of this road trip goes, since this seems to have turned into an existential crisis.

Yeah ... not great fellas. Interested to see how the rest of this road trip goes, since this seems to have turned into an existential crisis.
If referring to our chances of winning the cup or let’s even say putting in a decent showing in the playoffs as opposed to getting whipped and sent home then this is an existential crisis. This team as constructed has not shown anything that looks like more than a borderline playoff team for longer than a period or two. The team had issues last year but got bounces and goaltending good enough to mask them. Without the bounces going our way or the goaltenders making really any key saves the results are different.

We can dominate possession if we’re willing to work our asses off. But the better opponents have realized that they can weather the storm and get good chances when we break down and turn a high percentage of those into goals. Probably close to 60-70% of quality chances are ending up in the net. Also I think our guys see that too.

We need changes. Or we can just enjoy being a borderline playoff team and having Tchuck and the like hand us our asses.

Glad I fell asleep before this s***show started. I haven't been this apathetic about a Canes' team since Rod took over. Looks like they are just as apathetic as me, which is not a good thing
I fell asleep at the first intermission, woke up for Foegele’s goal and turned it off.

That was the shortest bit of game I've ever watched. After 40 seconds, I knew this was going to be a disaster.

Existential crisis? It sure feels that way. Except for a few games or periods, this doesn't come close to resembling the team from the last two seasons. Our defensive play looks totally out of sorts and our goaltending, well we all know about that.

Barring a decent sized trade to shake things up and wake these fools up, this team is basically a borderline playoff team that really gets it's tires pumped up way more than they should. Let's stop trotting out mediocre goaltending and hoping that next year will be different just because the analytics gurus constantly scream that this team allows the fewest shots and fewest high danger chances, blah, blah, blah...the proof is in the pudding, this team is way overrated, cant score to save their lives and look scared shitless that their goalies will give up 4-5 goals every night...

Back