• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Rangers 5/5 4:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
A matinee in the Big Apple opens the 2nd round.

The Canes practiced yesterday and the lines and pairings were the same as the start of Islanders game 5. TDA returned to his spot next to Skjei, apparently none the worse for the slash he took nesr the end of the game. Pesce is expected to return at some point but didn’t travel to New York.

The Rangers have had a full week off after dispatching the hapless Caps. They won 3 of the 4 games by more than 1 goal and only allowed 7 goals in 4 games, holding Ovechkin off the scoresheet. Zibanejad led with 7 points but only 1 goal, Trocheck led with 3 goals. The Rangers scored 6 of their 15 goals on the PP with Trocheck and Roslovic scoring 2 each and Zibanejad and Panarin netting the others.

ESPN for TV today with Sean McDonough, Chicken Parm and Emily Kaplan calling it.

Today's officials:

Referees:
Steve Kozari #40, Kyle Rehman #10

Linesmen:
Ryan Daisy #81, Devin Berg #87

Standby officials: Garrett Rank #7, Shandor Alphonso #52
Series Supervisor: Rob Shick

My concern is lavi turning Rempe loose and have him target Freddie, Svetch and Aho.

My concern is lavi turning Rempe loose and have him target Freddie, Svetch and Aho.
You think he's bonkers enough to play his 4th line against Carolina's 1st? Because ... no. Worry about the D if anything, but that guy won't play any more than Reaves did the last time the Canes played them, if that much. He's a distraction.

You think he's bonkers enough to play his 4th line against Carolina's 1st? Because ... no. Worry about the D if anything, but that guy won't play any more than Reaves did the last time the Canes played them, if that much. He's a distraction.

He will only if they are getting curb stomped.

I wouldn't have minded the TDA call if they had called Trouba.. But Trouba has the bayda cloak of invisibility but only for the Refs.

This is bullshit
Nice explanation from Dave Jackson. Not. He’s useless, providing absolutely nothing to a broadcast. Maybe he’s afraid that if he criticizes the officiating, the league will take it out on his kid, who is a linesman on a split AHL/NHL contract.

Back