• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Red Wings 3/30 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes try to right the ship on National TV.

After a homestand that saw the Canes take only 3 of a possible 8 points, they hit the road for 2 games to kick off 3 games in 4 days. RBA put the lines and PP units into the Blend-O-Matic and came up with an all-Finn top line and a PP unit with Jordan Staal. That may have been to give Noesen a bit of a break at practice but we’ll see. Raanta is available to play but I think we’ll see Freddie tonight with Raanta on Saturday in Montreal.

At one point before the trade deadline, the Wings occupied WC2. That’s all faded as they’ve gone 4-9-1 in March and were sellers at the deadline. They shipped out Vrana, Hronek, Bertuzzi and Sundqvist and picked up 6 picks and a career minor leaguer. They beat the Penguins 7-4 on Tuesday though. Dylan Larkin was thought to be available at the deadline, but they signed him to a long term extension. He leads with 27 goals and 44 assists. He’s their only 20 goal scorer but Kubalik and Perron are both at 19. In goal, the Wings discarded Alex Nedeljkovic in favor of Ville Husso and Magnus Hellberg. But Ned was recalled when Husso went down with an injury, relieved Hellberg last Thursday, in his first Wings appearance since early December, and started their last 2. We‘ll see him tonight too, per their beat writer for The Athletic. His numbers are bad, 3.85/.884. The Wings are 24th in goals per game and 21st in goals against. They’re 18th on both the PP and PK.

ESPN+/Hulu tonight. Note the start time, the Wings are one of the few remaining teams that start at 7:30 local.

Might be good timing on the road trip ... get out of town, focus on the job at hand, quit moping about whoever isn't around.

Look, anything's possible but Ned has started three games since his recall and has given up 4, 3 and 4 goals in those games. I'd classify a 46 save shutout as highly unlikely, regardless of motivation.

Back