• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Red Wings 3/30 7:30

Can't watch on ESPN+ or Hulu+ so I didn't follow this game, except to check on the scoring. We've now dropped 3 in a row and haven't played really well for a couple of weeks now. Reminds me of how our performance plummeted during the last part of the last two seasons. Shaky goaltending and a lack of scoring doesn't bode well for the playoffs.
Hey, as long as we don't need to score goals or save them, we'll be fine! 😀

The power play was horrid...again...that dumb stat that shows the Canes attempted close to 80 shots on the night just highlights how bad this team is at cashing in on chances that count...what on earth Pool Party actually does out there in the offensive zone is beyond me but it looks really, really bad on TV and in person...is bumblefuck the right word for it? That one is indeed a good, hard kick in the ding ding, still stings this morning and it hurt pretty bad watching it last night.

Most nights anymore it just feels like the Canes have no one offensively that scares anyone and it’s just a pop gun offense.
Well, they don't have that ONE guy. This is a team effort kind of team. And if too many guys aren't bringing it, they simply fail. Lately, too many aren't. And there isn't a star player with the skillset to carry this team. Goaltending isn't going to "steal" any games. Waddell tried. He did. But they fell short. He's going to have his hands full this summer. This isn't the roster to get it done.

We've now dropped 3 in a row and haven't played really well for a couple of weeks now. Reminds me of how our performance plummeted during the last part of the last two seasons. Shaky goaltending and a lack of scoring doesn't bode well for the playoffs.
Exactly my point about the Canes’ failure to use Pacioretty’s cap hit. Another trade deadline that brought us minor lineup tweaks— Max Domi and now Pool Party and a Ghost.

Exactly my point about the Canes’ failure to use Pacioretty’s cap hit. Another trade deadline that brought us minor lineup tweaks— Max Domi and now Pool Party and a Ghost.
If all it was is cap space you’d have an excellent point. But with the contracts coming up the last thing they need is to sink a lot of their future cap space on a deadline overpay and or give up their top prospects and or high draft picks.

They’re pretty well situated to restyle the top of their forward group in the next year or so and upgrade some of those roster slots but they’ll need some younger cheaper guys that can fill roles. If they trade them all that’s a big hit on their ability to continue to compete.

To make a good deadline move there has to be a good move there. I think the cost for us would have been too high.

If all it was is cap space you’d have an excellent point. But with the contracts coming up the last thing they need is to sink a lot of their future cap space on a deadline overpay and or give up their top prospects and or high draft picks.

They’re pretty well situated to restyle the top of their forward group in the next year or so and upgrade some of those roster slots but they’ll need some younger cheaper guys that can fill roles. If they trade them all that’s a big hit on their ability to continue to compete.

To make a good deadline move there has to be a good move there. I think the cost for us would have been too high.
Yea, nothing earth shattering on the market when we were looking and I’m glad we didn’t bite. Will be interesting next year. The free agent market is pretty weak.

Back