• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Sens 12/12 7:00

I expect the PPs in this game are going to make 11-7 lineups a thing for a while. Ottawa is near the bottom in PK, so that might have been just as big a factor, but the first unit looks much more dangerous when TDA is out there with them.

I expect the PPs in this game are going to make 11-7 lineups a thing for a while. Ottawa is near the bottom in PK, so that might have been just as big a factor, but the first unit looks much more dangerous when TDA is out there with them.
Detroit and Nashville aren’t much better than Ottawa, 23rd and 21st, respectively. So it’s possible.

Nice to see a strong effort last night. If we can get Aho, Jarvis and Necas going, then we're a different team than what we've seen through much of this season. Kochetkov was really good last night - but so was the team around him - and it was good to see him emotionally in the game when he exchanged trash talk with Tkachuk. He just makes me crazy when he handles the puck when he has a perfectly good defenseman there to move it out for him.

Meh ... better result to be sure, but I didn't think the Canes played particularly well and the various control stats back that up. Kochetkov turned in a doozy (he certainly owes everybody a couple of those) and Aho had an insanely hot period, otherwise that game wasn't great. Oh, and Ottawa is a poorly coached clown show, which doesn't hurt. That's a team looking for an excuse to do stupid crap for no reason.

I'd still like to see a shakeup.

1 decent game does not a slump buster make.
Again ... it wasn't even a great game. Just a great result. And yeah, they're probably due for one of those but it's no indication of a change of direction.

Back