• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Sharks 10/14 10:30

They can make the board advertisements dance around and change on demand, but they can't put a time/score bug on the screen

(Ah, there it is finally)
Nothing I want to see more when I’m watching hockey than a car racing around the dasher boards selling product…someone please make it stop!!!

I thought the entire period was a little sleepy and sloppy by us. Except for a few minutes the Sharks had the advantage.

OK, that was a blue collar win. Sloppy most of the time, but the boys found a way to take the two points.

What was Aho talking to the refs about after his negated empty netter? Was he claiming that the puck did not, in fact, come out into the neutral zone before he shot it into the empty net?

Yeah that was a well under par preformance. The PP was bad, the PK was good, Raanta made one misstake and got scored on. We didn't create much at all except for a few individual efforts like that Svech takeaway.
Two points in the bag nonetheless.

Came home from a show at NC Theatre just in time to watch the game. Unbelievably, My son and I stayed up to watch the entire thing. Not a great game for the Canes, but they played hard and finally prevailed. Necas continues to impress.

I fell asleep during the pre-game, woke up to see Necas’ goal, fell back to sleep and woke up halfway through the 3rd. Stayed awake for the end.

Yeah, first road games generally get a little sloppy and I wasn't that mad with it over all. Still, Uncle Antti was pretty sharp, the boys managed to take away huge chunks of the territorial and pressure advantages and really limited the Sharks quality looks. It may not have been pretty, but Carolina racked up 80% on the expected goals chart on the road. That's gonna get you a W pretty much every time, provided your finishers aren't completely asleep at the switch.

Now ... work on that power play and on being a bit sharper in close. And frankly, that stuff generally takes a bit of time having churned this much of the roster.

Back