• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Avs 2/8 7:00

The NHL has an officiating problem and not one league official will ever acknowledge it, it’s a disgrace to the sport.
The refs choose to call it one way. Tryamw is exactly right. There were way mor Avs infractions let go in the third and they call a bs goalie interference to try to get the and back in the game and then the BS down the stretch. Forgot what a shithead team the Avs are.

Bottom line if you have the superstars you get the calls. Hard to overcome the refs and talent.

The refs choose to call it one way. Tryamw is exactly right. There were way mor Avs infractions let go in the third and they call a bs goalie interference to try to get the and back in the game and then the BS down the stretch. Forgot what a shithead team the Avs are.

Bottom line if you have the superstars you get the calls. Hard to overcome the refs and talent.
The misconducts to Lemieux and TDA were a direct result of the piss-poor officiating in the 3rd period.

Spencer Martin was dressed and in the locker room during the 3rd period. Since he’s on the roster, he’s allowed to be the 3rd goalie instead of an EBUG, but he’s not allowed on the bench.

On those coincidental roughing minors in the third you can clearly see O’Connor take at least four if not five shots to various Canes players heads with nothing called…you can watch that sequence 100 times and nobody would see an even off call there on that scrum…but these idiots did.

On those coincidental roughing minors in the third you can clearly see O’Connor take at least four if not five shots to various Canes players heads with nothing called…you can watch that sequence 100 times and nobody would see an even off call there on that scrum…but these idiots did.
That was just brutal mismanglement by the refs. No way that should have resulted in matching minors.

I believe the reffing problem is a GMDW problem. He hasn’t offered the refs enough money. I don’t mean direct payments, he needs to hire them to do things such as listen in on meetings, count paper clips, etc. at exorbitant salary’s.

Last night's game certainly wasn't boring. It was, however, incredibly weird. I'm really concerned about PK - for two games in a row he's gone brain dead and it cost us dearly. I hope Martin is in net tomorrow. We need to see if he can play competently and consistently.

The officiating seems to get worse and worse. The refs let stuff go that was obvious to everyone watching and yet still managed to hand out 6 penalties to each team. Thankfully, our kill was excellent - especially late in the game.

Honestly ... Kochhetkov just misplayed a fly ball. For me that's not so much a mental breakdown as it is a thing that happens every so often. He was on it, tracked the puck and put his glove up ti catch it ... he just whiffed. I didn't really like Rod lifting him at that point because you really need younger goalies to learn how to play through mistakes and miscues, but maybe it shook him up and they figured he'd be better off sitting. I dunno. Either way, Raanta's duct tape and baling wire body let him down again and we're back to dipping into the goalie well. What a season.

Back