• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Canucks 2/6 7:00

Pretty sure miller never Tagged up on that goal.. so Missed challenge by us.

NM he did but did a canuck enter first but looked good.

Myers carried it halfway across the ice before he rimmed it around the boards. But that gets called as often as palming in basketball.

Very disappointing 1st period, but we improved during the next two. I was impressed with the speed and physicality of the Canucks, they were knocking us around and off pucks for at least half the game. We controlled the 3rd, but that unbelievably stupid play by Kochetkov cost us dearly.

At least Lindholm didn't get a hattie.

So we started out flat but got somewhat competitive against a very good Nucks team- about what I envisioned.

I saw an isolated clip and it was razor thin ... way closer than I thought looking at it live. Miller did eventually tag and the other two JUST barely managed to stay on the line ... probably. I thought it was a bad decision not to challenge at the time, bu looking back I think they made the right call. Carolina's record on getting an overturn on something that close is just atrocious.

Look ... despite the abysmal start, the Canes pretty much managed to level up and match Vancouver and the game came down to a really weird sequence that was nearly offside and hinged on a very weird bounce off the glass that unbalanced the defense. So, yeah. Not great, but not course altering either. It would have been nice, not to mention deserving, to have gotten it tied late for the point, but Demko came up big and it wasn't in the cards. Shrug it off and play better next time out.

But we are looking better then the refs... (Not their fault they are blind.. ) (Looking as in eyesight)
Umm, they were AWFUL. I cannot count how many times Pettersson or Miller got away with blatant hooks on the forecheck, almost all from behind, which is supposed to be a pretty much automatic call, and a couple over the freaking shoulder, which IS an automatic call. For a game that hinged on special teams, the refs had a major impact last night. Markovich was the one making the calls last night, and he was absolutely terrible. Hebert was the passenger, but was also the guy who passed on about 4 obvious calls right in front of his face. Miserable performance from those two. And the taller linesman could not shut up with the instructions in the circle. Dude. Drop the puck already.

Back