• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Flames 3/10 5:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
I hope everyone remembered to Spring Forward…

The Canes wrapped up the season sweep of the Devils in New Jersey yesterday. KK had a goal reminiscent of the old MJ/Bird McDonald’s commercials; off the post, off the back, nothing but net. Kuznetsov made his debut, centering the 4th line and moving onto PP1, with Aho taking Bunting’s spot as the bumper. He didn’t hit the scoresheet, but was pretty dynamic, although he seemed to wear down later in the game. He played 13 minutes with 9:37 at even strength. With no power plays in the 3rd, he played less than 3 minutes in that period. But he hadn't played since January 27 and only had a couple of practices since. Turbo had a 3 point night, with an empty net goal and 2 assists. After watching yesterday’s game from his recliner, Andersen goes today.

The Flames were sellers at the deadline, sending Noah Hanifin to Vegas and Christopher Tanev to Dallas. They had already traded Elias Lindholm and Nikita Zadorov. They’re 8 points behind Vegas for the 2nd Wild Card and are 6-4 in their last 10, losing in Florida last night, 5-1. Yegor Sharangovich and Blake Coleman each have 26 goals, Nazem Kadri has 33 assists and 55 points. Despite being gone for more than a month, Lindholm is still 5th in assists. In goal, Jakob Markstrom was expected to be moved at the deadline, but stayed put. He’s at 2.68/.910 in 41 games. He played last night, so we should see backup Dan Vladar today. He’s at 3.21/.890 in 18 games. The Flames are 16th in goals per game, 19th in goals against. Their PP is not good, 29th at 14.7%. The PK is good, 4th at 83.7%

Black jerseys today, Bally Sports South for TV

Today’s officials:

Referees:
Jean Hebert #15, Ghislain Hebert #22

Linesmen:
Brad Kovachik #71, CJ Murray #68

The refs aren’t related, and they’re viewed differently by the league. Jean has worked. 83 playoff games in a career that started in 2011. Ghislain is still looking for his first playoff game, in a career that started in 2009.

Anyone having trouble uploading the tickets to today's game? I haven't been able to do so on the app.

Just used the Hurricanes app and added my parking and tickets to Google Wallet, no problem....I used to use the NHL app to do it until I had a raft of issues with it a couple months ago
Anyone having trouble uploading the tickets to today's game? I haven't been able to do so on the app.

Thanks, I've been using the Canes app, but for some reason it ain't working for me today. I went through TicketMaster and it worked.

It still wasn't working until I tried the restart method (I even shut down my phone and that didn't work). Thanks, JB!
I’ve deleted it and downloaded it again and that worked for a while. I had to do a hard restart today to get the tickets but the parking pass worked before the restart.

At the risk of jinxing it, the Flames haven’t had a shot on goal yet with under 5 to go in the first

Back