• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Islanders 4/30 7:30

You gotta be willing to grind it out against them. If you do you’ll win and it will look like that. If you get frustrated with it and come off that game plan you might light them up, but they will get their chances against you and you could get behind them and then they can double down on making you work for everything.
That's the general idea, yes. And they're pretty well versed in it, having played that way for 5 or 6 years now with a pretty stable core group. And generally speaking, in the modern era that's going to be good enough to get the Islanders exactly the results they've gotten. Good enough, but far from meaningful. Again, we were exactly the same way back during Mo 1.0 ... keep it close, make it hard for the opponent, hope for enough breaks to make it hold up. The Canes got a Division title and a Cup Final appearance out of it, but weren't really close to anything better.

that's going to be good enough to get the Islanders exactly the results they've gotten.
It basically got them within a couple of goals of the Cup in 2020. They lost the ECF to Tampa in game 7 1-0. Had they won they probably would have beaten the Canadiens in the final. They also lost the ECF to Tampa 4-2 the year before. They were the closest team to beating Tampa during their reign. Of course, that was with Trotz at the helm—the best there is at getting blood from that particular species of stone.

It basically got them within a couple of goals of the Cup in 2020. They lost the ECF to Tampa in game 7 1-0. Had they won they probably would have beaten the Canadiens in the final. They also lost the ECF to Tampa 4-2 the year before. They were the closest team to beating Tampa during their reign. Of course, that was with Trotz at the helm—the best there is at getting blood from that particular species of stone.
I didn't say it got you nothing. That same boring style got the Canes a Cup Final. I 100% am saying that it's chances of big success are limited in the modern era. Problem being, their GM has thus far refused to join us in the modern era. I almost feel bad for Isles fans, but then again ... they're Isles fans, so no.

The Rangers bring that new cement head into the fold this time around in Rempe and I guarantee he will be targeting guys with one intention to injure with hopes of impacting the series in a douche bag way. Trouba and the garbage was one thing but this Rempe clown is at an all other level.

Not sure what role Rempe would have in a series against Carolina though, and they have other options. Remember when they had Reeves a few years ago and everybody got all worked about that during the playoffs? And then he played 4 shifts a night. Look at Carolina's current 4th line. Is this kind supposed to chase these guys down and murder them or something? It's one thing to have him out for 5-6 minutes against the dregs of whatever the Capitals call depth, and quite another dealing with the Canes depth.

Not sure what role Rempe would have in a series against Carolina though, and they have other options. Remember when they had Reeves a few years ago and everybody got all worked about that during the playoffs? And then he played 4 shifts a night. Look at Carolina's current 4th line. Is this kind supposed to chase these guys down and murder them or something? It's one thing to have him out for 5-6 minutes against the dregs of whatever the Capitals call depth, and quite another dealing with the Canes depth.
Kuzy isn’t the fastest skater on the ice but where the Canes will be most vulnerable is board scrums, when that POS comes steaming in from halfway across the ice.

Kuzy isn’t the fastest skater on the ice but where the Canes will be most vulnerable is board scrums, when that POS comes steaming in from halfway across the ice.
Look ... if Lavy is dumb enough to risk 10-12 shifts with that stiff matched up against guys who can actually play just so he can take a couple of snuff shots and probably give up at least one power play a game, then fine. I'd take that deal all day.

Look ... if Lavy is dumb enough to risk 10-12 shifts with that stiff matched up against guys who can actually play just so he can take a couple of snuff shots and probably give up at least one power play a game, then fine. I'd take that deal all day.
But … but … but …. He outscored Ovechkin in the first round. He’s legit!

Back