• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Oilers 11/10 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
After last night’s suck-fest, the Canes face the McDavids.

RBA put all the lines in the blender last night to no avail. Jack Drury was a bright spot but that’s it. With Freddie having tweaked something at practice, and Raanta playing last night, I’d expect Koochie in goal. As for the rest? Coghlan has earned a spot in the press box, he was terrible. All the dmen except Burns had reasonable ice times last night, he was over 24 minutes but more than 4 minutes was on the PP. The top 2 pairs will probably see more ice time tonight.

Edmonton sits 4th in the Pacific with 16 points in 14 games. They’re in the middle of an east coast swing, this is their 3rd game in 4 nights, having lost in Washington on Monday and beaten Tampa on Tuesday. They head to South Florida on Saturday. McDavid and Draisaitl are 1 - 2 in the league in total points, McDavid leads the league in goals with Draisaitl tied for 6th, Draisaitl leads the league in assists with McDavid tied for 3rd. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Zach Hyman are also averaging better than a point per game. Kane isn’t too far behind but will be out for a while after having wrist surgery on Tuesday after being cut with a skate. They brought in Jack Campbell to be their starter in goal and he’s been bad, 3.93/.884, but he’s 6-3, a testament to the Oilers ability to seemingly score at will. Stuart Skinner backs him up and, despite better numbers at 2.62/.928, is 2-3. The Canes hit Campbell for 4 goals on 10/20, unfortunately Andersen gave 5 and a McDavid empty netter closed out the 6-4 win. The Oilers are 3rd in the league in goals per game but 25th in goals against. They’re 2nd on the PP but 30th on the kill.

Red jerseys tonight. Bally Sports South for TV.

Could be a wild one, but yeah I think we're seeing #52 in goal. I thought we might see him last night when Raanta was slow to get up after a long stretch save to the right post combined with a Martinook to the helmet on the same play.

I might sleep through this game.. I wonder if I'll exert more effort then my team..
They sure are in a deep funk..

The good news ... after trying to turtle on a one goal lead against the freaking Maple Leafs and then getting shut out by a fairly lukewarm offense in Florida, only a loon would go into this one thinking they can just grind their way to a low scoring W. Go score some freaking goals guys.

I really want to see what the response is tonight after that shit-fest last night, there was absolutely no pulse other than Uncle Antii last night, you simply cannot have that. You really need to start thinking about a more reliable option for your third pair in case of injury because Coghlan is not it. Imagine what that D looks like if any one of your guys in the top 4 on D went down for a prolong period of time...scary stuff. Dehaan is more than competent in that third pair but Coghlan is awful, and should not be used.

I really want to see what the response is tonight after that shit-fest last night, there was absolutely no pulse other than Uncle Antii last night, you simply cannot have that. You really need to start thinking about a more reliable option for your third pair in case of injury because Coghlan is not it. Imagine what that D looks like if any one of your guys in the top 4 on D went down for a prolong period of time...scary stuff. Dehaan is more than competent in that third pair but Coghlan is awful, and should not be used.
I'd really like to see Coghlan given a little run playing on his proper side before throwing him out the door. I've never understood why Waddell was so casual about collecting all those right shot guys and only added de Haan on the left really late in the process. None of the three we had in camp (Bear, Chatfield and Coghlan) showed any inclination of being able to play on their off side. I'm just a fan, but that all seems dumb and self inflicted to me.

So the viewing choices tonight are watching Carolina suck, or watching Carolina suck. Wonderful.

Svech is with Aho and Turbo and Jarvis is with KK and Necas. Staal’s line is intact, Stastny in for Stepan, de Haan in for Coghlan

There was no penalty. I think the ref anticipated that Skjei would hook him under the hands but he didn’t.

Back