• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Red Wings 1/19 7:00

Overall, not a bad game - two teams doing their best to keep the other away from the net. Two breakdowns cost us two goals, but otherwise I thought we won the battle of keeping your opponent out of the danger zone. The Wings are fast and aggressive, and it's obvious they are on their way up.

Necas looked really good to me all game long and his goal was a great example of how he can quickly shift gears to find an opening. Hope "good" Necas continues.

One of my favorite moments occurred before the game began: With the kids from Thales Academy singing the National Anthem. They were loud, off-key and enthusiastic - it was a joy to behold.

One of my favorite moments occurred before the game began: With the kids from Thales Academy singing the National Anthem. They were loud, off-key and enthusiastic - it was a joy to behold.
Yep, what they lacked in musical ability, they more than made up with enthusiasm.

Should Carolina make the playoffs, I 100% want these guys to do the anthems throughout. MAGIC ... and this from a guy who's wife has directed youth choirs for 30 years. It's not just that they were off key and all over the place, it's the sheer joy with which they sang terribly. I know it's not practical ... and I don't care.

Boring game, really. Both teams played excellent defense in completely different ways, so I guess there's some tapehead out there looking forward to a rewatch, but that was kind of like pulling teeth to watch live. The refs were absolutely dead set on getting through that game with as few whistles as possible and both teams figured that out pretty quickly. Obstruction? Holding? A little light hooking? Bah. Eventually those guys got guilty and called some random crap that was clearly to show effort on the game report, but their sloth led to a dull affair.

Back