• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Sharks 10/27 7:00

And still not enough to make the boy smile

Edit: oh wait, I did see one little half- smirk, then he thought better of it.

Last edited:
Nice team effort from the Canes, but holy crap San Jose is just awful. Kahkonen stood on his head or else that could easily have been 5 or 6 to nothing ... without any meaningful pushback in the offensive zone save for a 6-8 minute stretch at the end of the 2nd period. I know they're on a losing streak and they're a long, long way from home but yikes. That was as lifeless an effort as I've seen in quite awhile.

He’s the 3rd Hurricane to have 2 natural hat tricks. The others? E. Staal and K. Adams. One of these things is not like the other.
Joe Vasicek had one in 2003. It actually happened 20 years ago today…in a 3-0 win over—get this—the Sharks.

Great game - especially in the 1st, when the Canes came out flying like a team possessed. Maybe the return of Svech pumped up more than just the faithful fans, but boy did we look good in that period. Yes, the Sharks are now a bottom feeder, but it was nice to see the return of the Canes.

Another positive note: The abysmal traffic situation was nowhere to be seen leaving the PNC last night - although it's clear people haven't yet figured out they need to turn left off Wade Ave. to get on the Beltline going west. I foresee some terrible accidents in the near future.

He’s the 3rd Hurricane to have 2 natural hat tricks. The others? E. Staal and K. Adams. One of these things is not like the other.
Two naturals IMO don't trump Ray Whitney's in 1:40. Against Tim Thomas no less.

K-Ads' were the first six goals he scored that season, and of course at least one of them was a SHG... from 03-04 to the day he was traded, almost 1/3 of his goals were shorties.

Back