• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Wild 1/19 7:00

So we figure we’re down 2 forwards the next couple. Stephan and ?
If, like me, your first thought was Ponomarov ... he's been out of the lineup for a couple of games in Chicago. They talk even less about injuries up there than they do in Raleigh, so I'm not sure anybody knows what's going on with him. That said, they all but promised Drury another run when they sent him down. Now that Suzuki is finally starting to get going, it's the perfect time to cash in that promise.

Really good win last night and all I can think about is the re-injury to Patches. I feel awful for him and for this team - we were really counting on him to give us that playoff push we've been missing.

Cannot believe that Svech took such a dumbass penalty. I love that he plays a hard game, but that was stupidly selfish. On the other hand, it was good to see Freddie in great form last night. He was awesome and should have been our first star.

Cannot believe that Svech took such a dumbass penalty. I love that he plays a hard game, but that was stupidly selfish. On the other hand, it was good to see Freddie in great form last night. He was awesome and should have been our first star.
It was completely brain dead. Speaking of brain dead, how was Freddie not a star at all?

It‘s nearly 11 am and Player Safety hasn’t said anything about a hearing, so maybe he’ll escape suspension?

It was completely brain dead. Speaking of brain dead, how was Freddie not a star at all?

It‘s nearly 11 am and Player Safety hasn’t said anything about a hearing, so maybe he’ll escape suspension?
I've seen player safety jump in on dumber stuff, but for my money that was the kind of basic dumbass move that gets you a misconduct and nothing else.

It will be a stroke of luck if that gets no suspension...but Svech has never really grown up when it comes to stupid, undisciplined penalties...that is something that certainly has to be fixed if he ever wants to become an elite player, play through that stuff because teams know it's too easy to throw him off his game and goat him into that shit.

Yeah. It wasn’t malicious. Just dumb. Brindy seemed frustrated with it beyond just that play. I think that mentality (that would lead to taking a dumb and dangerous penalty like that) is holding Svetch back in more ways than just stupid penalties. The guy that forgets not to do that also forgets to do what he’s supposed to be doing out there I suspect.

At some point our boy Svetch has to grow up.

Player Safety has awoken but the only thing they’ve tweeted today is a $5,000 to Mike Matheson for a hit on Eric Staal last night.

Back