• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes vs. Capitals, 10/02 7PM

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Happy regular season debut of the Hurricanes Hockey Network tonight! If you're watching from home, the team have hinted that you should be patient as they shake out the bugs, but at least you're getting a home brewed product now. I fully expect that Andy is also working on a game day thread, but I'm busy today so I'm covering this base just in case.

Carolina is still looking for their first goal after giving a pretty good Tin Man impersonation in Game 1 on Tuesday. While they look for an oil can, Washington will be making a very late season debut tonight. Well, I say that but fully 7 teams have yet to play a real game. The schedule monkey is on one this season, it would seem. So, game notes are thin on the ground. The Caps have confirmed Logan Thompson in net, while Kochetkov did the normal starter things in practice for the Canes yesterday and should make his season debut tonight. Both teams have a core player out injured ... Jarvis for Carolina and Rasmus Sandin for Washington.

Carolina never really got to their game in the opener which was to be expected given the circumstances. Meanwhile Washington hasn't had a chance to get to anything other than the practice rink and the charter flight down here last night. It's Canes/Caps though, so you know it'll be feisty. Have fun with it.
 
I'm more than curious (and a lot more anxious) about Kochetkov's game tonight. And yes, I'd like to see at least a resemblance of the 4 lines we put together a few months ago.
 
I'm more than curious (and a lot more anxious) about Kochetkov's game tonight. And yes, I'd like to see at least a resemblance of the 4 lines we put together a few months ago.
Yeah me too…that’s my main concern tonight is what Koochie looks like, Bussi was more than fine Tuesday so I would have rolled with him again.
 
It feels like we've entered NFL territory in that the preseason is just a way to warm up for the early season when the real issues of a team pops up and eventually gets taken care of. I will never take the first month of a season seriously.
 
We don’t have to worry about Kochetkov tonight, Bussi is in the starter‘s crease. I suspect we’ll see Kochetkov tomorrow.

Svechnikov-Aho-Robinson
Hall-Stankoven-Blake
Ehlers-Staal-Martinook
Carrier-Jankowski-Deslauriers
Kotkaniemi-Jarvis

Slavin-Chatfield
Miller-Walker
Gostisbehere-Legault
Reilly

Bussi
Kochetkov
 
We don’t have to worry about Kochetkov tonight, Bussi is in the starter‘s crease. I suspect we’ll see Kochetkov tomorrow.

Svechnikov-Aho-Robinson
Hall-Stankoven-Blake
Ehlers-Staal-Martinook
Carrier-Jankowski-Deslauriers
Kotkaniemi-Jarvis

Slavin-Chatfield
Miller-Walker
Gostisbehere-Legault
Reilly

Bussi
Kochetkov
Oh no-still first line Robinson
 
Oh no-still first line Robinson
I think they’ll give that a couple of games. All the lines were hot garbage on Tuesday, so let them settle in for a bit.

Here is how the Caps skated this morning. Logan Thompson gets the start in goal.

Tuch-Dubois-Wilson
Ovechkin-Strome-Leonard
A.Protas-I.Protas-Kyrou
Jenner-Sourdif-Beauvillier

Chychrun-Roy
Fehervary-Liljegren
Hutson-Desharnais
 
Back
Top