• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes vs Panthers, Game 2, 5/20 8PM Eastern

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
OK, I'll do it I guess, but don't blame me if it all goes pear shaped.

Carolina gets back on the horse after a soul crushing 4 OT loss to Florida in Game 1. No practice yesterday, and Brindy's keeping schtum this morning on any changes. I mean, maybe he tweaks a forward and maybe he adjusts the lines a bit, but otherwise? What's the point? I think they'll make a few changes to the forecheck and otherwise just go try to play better. It's not like they sucked in Game 1 or anything, they just seemed a little sluggish, and that has been normal for this team after a layoff. We'll see.

Florida? Not sure why they'd change anything, really. If they had anyone to slot in for Mahura, they probably would ... but there's no depth behind him really. Getting Lomberg back really helped their balance up front. Just pat 'em on the back and tell 'em to do it again.

Thanks for picking me up JB, I had a lot of tailgate prep this morning.

Raanta is on the ice this morning with the scratches and extras at the other end. I think we’re going to see Father Finn tonight.

Today’s officials:

Referees:
Chris Rooney #5, Jean Hebert #15

Linesmen:
David Brisebois #96, Matt MacPherson #83

Standby officials: Chris Lee, Brad Kovachik
Series supervisor: Kay Whitmore

We have not had Rooney in the playoffs but were 4-0-1 in the regular season. We had Hebert with Kyle Rehman for Devils game 2.

Raanta is on the ice this morning with the scratches and extras at the other end. I think we’re going to see Father Finn tonight.
Could be. Brindy apparently played it coy with the press this morning ... again. If nothing else, Freddie has to have been absolutely exhausted after Game 1. If Raanta is ready, then the Canes have been rotating all year so it won't be some kind of shock to the team's system or anything. The media will make too much of it, but that's what they do with everything.

Today’s officials:

Referees:
Chris Rooney #5, Jean Hebert #15

Linesmen:
David Brisebois #96, Matt MacPherson #83

Standby officials: Chris Lee, Brad Kovachik
Series supervisor: Kay Whitmore

We have not had Rooney in the playoffs but were 4-0-1 in the regular season. We had Hebert with Kyle Rehman for Devils game 2.
I'm NOT blaming them for anything but the linesmen in Game 1 were embarrassingly awful. The younger one in particular ... woof.

Back