• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes vs Panthers, Game 2, 5/20 8PM Eastern

Just got home. We just can't score goals - and it wasn't all Bob (although he was very good again). Our zone exits and entries haven't been good, so it's hard to establish our trademark forecheck.

On the game winner, Slavin’s stick was stuck in Burns‘ skate blade taking both of them out of the play. So it was a 5 on 2.

Just got home. We just can't score goals - and it wasn't all Bob (although he was very good again). Our zone exits and entries haven't been good, so it's hard to establish our trademark forecheck.
Very disappointing game, missed chances all around and no traction at all creating offense, Aho I thought was AWOL most of the night, Necas was a mess yet again on the power play. Tailgate and the weather were the highlights today for this cowboy…the game not so much. Razor thin games in overtime but you have to finish your chances…not out of it yet but blow up those lines a bit and shuffle the deck for more offense.

Very disappointing game, missed chances all around and no traction at all creating offense, Aho I thought was AWOL most of the night, Necas was a mess yet again on the power play. Tailgate and the weather were the highlights today for this cowboy…the game not so much. Razor thin games in overtime but you have to finish your chances…not out of it yet but blow up those lines a bit and shuffle the deck for more offense.
Players negate each other. I know the loss stings but Rod is right, they got a bounce, simple as that.

Players negate each other. I know the loss stings but Rod is right, they got a bounce, simple as that.
Yeah, they got a bounce ... but importantly, they buried it. Carolina got a couple of chances that sort of appeared out of nowhere too. They didn't bury them. With margins this tight, it means everything.

Yeah, they got a bounce ... but importantly, they buried it. Carolina got a couple of chances that sort of appeared out of nowhere too. They didn't bury them. With margins this tight, it means everything.
Jarvis off the crossbar in game 1, Teravainen last night. A few inches and we’re ahead 2-0.

Jarvy had another one last night on that partial breakaway. This has literally been a series of inches so far.
I think he got too much in his own head and couldn’t figure out what to do when he got to the top of the circle. But he was skating away from me and toward you so I really didn’t see how much he missed by.

I think he got too much in his own head and couldn’t figure out what to do when he got to the top of the circle. But he was skating away from me and toward you so I really didn’t see how much he missed by.
Not freaking much. He tried to out-stretch Bob though ... and in this series that has proven futile. Bob got it with the VERY bottom of the flared part of his pad. Another inch and the kid had it in.

Been hoping to see Necas '22-'23 instead of Necas '21-'22 in this series. His confidence looks shook up. Need to feed that guy some gunpowder & get him fired up.

Florida has definitely thrown a blanket over Aho.

I didn't think Bob would keep the horseshoe in place as long as he has.

Jim

Back