• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Hurricanes at Avalanche, 11/12, 9PM Eastern

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Enjoy the last 9PM or later start of the month as the Canes kick off a 2 game road swing in Denver against the defending champs. It's too early for morning skate updates, but Freddie ended up on IR and Turbo didn't get on the plane either. Stepan will fold back in and we'll see how Brind'Amour shuffles the forwards. He went with Aho centering Svech and Necas a fair amount on Thursday, but that's a lot of eggs in one basket.

Colorado is on a 3 game win streak, but that involved two wins over a flatlining Blue Jackets team and one against moribund Nashville ... so ... yeah. The Avs have scuffled a bit early on and sit at 7-4-1. Georgiev has been very good for them in net and will probably go tonight. Francouz, not so much. This is basically a two game home and home set, with both teams taking a detour to play somebody else in between. Colorado has been VERY top heavy in terms of production, so look for the Canes to be very careful with matchups in both games.

Enjoy the last 9PM or later start of the month as the Canes kick off a 2 game road swing in Denver against the defending champs. It's too early for morning skate updates, but Freddie ended up on IR and Turbo didn't get on the plane either. Stepan will fold back in and we'll see how Brind'Amour shuffles the forwards. He went with Aho centering Svech and Necas a fair amount on Thursday, but that's a lot of eggs in one basket.

Colorado is on a 3 game win streak, but that involved two wins over a flatlining Blue Jackets team and one against moribund Nashville ... so ... yeah. The Avs have scuffled a bit early on and sit at 7-4-1. Georgiev has been very good for them in net and will probably go tonight. Francouz, not so much. This is basically a two game home and home set, with both teams taking a detour to play somebody else in between. Colorado has been VERY top heavy in terms of production, so look for the Canes to be very careful with matchups in both games.
Hopefully the Canes can stay clear of the penalty box tonight. Colorado’s power play is extremely good where as the Cane’s pk has been unusually poor/inconsistent. It’s going to come down to the special teams performance tonight.

It’s going to come down to the special teams performance tonight.
It usually does whenever we see two teams of generally equal quality overall. In fact, Colorado's better overall so Carolina will almost certainly need to out-play them on special teams to win tonight ... especially on the road unless the goalies turn in mismatched performances.

That period as a whole wasn't bad by the Canes... far better then the score makes you think...
Aho hasn't been good. (As I mentioned earlier) and the Refs? I won't say anything more cause I'll get BANNED!.

We benefitted from the refs suckage (Sort of) we had a Power play... Looked like the team forgot that they were allowed to play...

Back