• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Hurricanes at Blue Jackets, 1/12, 7PM Eastern

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
The Canes took a quick flight to the heartland to make another attempt to snap their modest losing streak. Columbus, Ohio ... everybody's favorite one game road trip destination.

OK, look. I'm not going to get all the way to enthused here, so I'll dispense with trying. Jeff Beck died yesterday and I'm gonna be bummed for a minute or two. Bottom lining this thing ... Andersen went on the plane and supposedly was put on the active roster. Given that Kochetkov has developed a bad case of "forgot what his stick is for" and Raanta came down with "he was hot not that long ago but now he's not" ... yeah, it would nice to see the big stoic Dane back in the net even if he's 100% going to be rusty. Otherwise, Columbus sucks so quit acting like they don't. For some reason, Carolina always plays like crap against this team even when they win. Maybe don't do that. Oh, and somebody spike that stupid indoor cannon while you're there. The rest of the league will thank you forever.

Last edited:
The loss of Jeff Beck - one of the greatest guitarists in the history of rock & roll - caught me completely by surprise.

A loss to Columbus is unacceptable.

SiriusXM Classic Vinyl had his version of “I Ain‘t Superstitious” with Rod Stewart on vocals this morning. I sat in my car at the doctor’s office for a few extra minutes to hear the whole thing.

SiriusXM Classic Vinyl had his version of “I Ain‘t Superstitious” with Rod Stewart on vocals this morning. I sat in my car at the doctor’s office for a few extra minutes to hear the whole thing.
I started to listen to their cover of Curtis Mayfield's People Get Ready but had to stop halfway through. It was way too much.

Jackets stood around with their collective heads up their collective asses, assuming the linesman was going to drop again. And then Korpisalo pulled a Cam Ward and committed himself to the 3rd row and Burns had an easy wrapper.

Back