• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2023-24 Season

Angela Price was a little scared

"It definitely got to a point where I thought we were for sure headed to Seattle, so I let myself start mentally preparing for it and even talking about it. Just in case it did happen," she wrote.
"Our heart, my heart is with the Canadiens organization," Angela wrote, adding that she "hated" the way the news of Carey's choice to waive his no-movement clause broke before the news of his injury.

"His injury was the entire reason we had lifted his no-trade and he was left unprotected," she said. "It hurt my heart to read that people thought we wanted out of Montreal. I was so thankful when it came out the next day that Carey was going to need surgery, but at the same time Carey’s agent was calling to say that Seattle didn’t seem too concerned about his injury and him being picked up could really happen."

Feels a little scripted Angela…just a little
Everything about that chick seems contrived. She's from the Pacific Northwest and her family is all there but she's terrified that she may have to relocate to Seattle, one of the best cities on the planet where everyone speaks English?

Let her husband sign a contract with the Jets. Then she'll know what fear actually feels like.

Everything about that chick seems contrived. She's from the Pacific Northwest and her family is all there but she's terrified that she may have to relocate to Seattle, one of the best cities on the planet where everyone speaks English?

Let her husband sign a contract with the Jets. Then she'll know what fear actually feels like.

she is hot though (I disagree re Seattle being one of the best cities though)

Bottom line: Perry is still due significant amount of $ per his Ana contract buyout which won’t be taxed in Fla....

Edit: surprise surprise Perry is due $2M payout from Ana for next 2-seasons.

Well played worm...well played
i do what i can

Anyone else thinking Bergevin is banking on Poehling?

He may be, although I would caution people not to put any stock in "the hockey writers". They aren't actual hockey writers with access to the team or any inside info. It's just a fan site like this one and the "writers" have the same journalistic credentials that we all do.

I get the feeling that the concept of Poehling being "poised to be an impact player" stems more from the belief that he needs to become that in order for the Habs to contend rather than on anything he's done that would indicate he's ready to become that.

It reminds me of when a coach or GM will talk about getting an injured player back in time for the playoffs, as if injuries heal themselves based on an arbitrary date on the calendar when management needs that player to be dressed.

Poehling will (or should be) given an opportunity to make the club this fall. How big an impact he has is just speculation right now. First let's see if he's good enough to be one of the best 23 players on the roster.

So will they go with three alternates or will they name a new captain? If it's a new interim captain I don't see how it can be anyone other than Gallagher. Petry also deserves it but I think Gallagher handles the pressure better.

I get the feeling that the concept of Poehling being "poised to be an impact player" stems more from the belief that he needs to become that in order for the Habs to contend rather than on anything he's done that would indicate he's ready to become that.

It reminds me of when a coach or GM will talk about getting an injured player back in time for the playoffs, as if injuries heal themselves based on an arbitrary date on the calendar when management needs that player to be dressed.

Poehling will (or should be) given an opportunity to make the club this fall. How big an impact he has is just speculation right now. First let's see if he's good enough to be one of the best 23 players on the roster.

I hope he gets more than cup of coffee on the fourth line

There is no reason for Paquette , Perrault or any slug to play ahead of him if he has a good camp

Time is now for Evans and RP to get meaningful minutes

Only 4 goalies on that list have even one Cup ring. The top 3 guys all make a shit ton of money for zero championships and #4 on the list only won any Cups because he played with Crosby. Just goes to show how little goaltending matters anymore and why you should never spend too much of your cap on it.

I don't know which playoffs you watched but goaltending mattered.
It mattered to the Habs, who had a popgun offense. It mattered less for teams like Tampa. You can't have garbage goaltending and the goaltending you do have needs to get hot at the right time, but it's not 1995 anymore and paying goalies like they're the most important aspect of your team is dumb because they aren't. And if, like the Habs, your goaltender actually IS that important to your success, then you're constructing your team wrong.

You shouldn't need a goalie to win games for you in the 2021 NHL. You should only need a goalie not to lose games by himself.

Back