• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Cedric Paquette to one-year, $950k deal

Can't we produce players of thios level ourselves? Guess not. Really, how hard can it be to produce a Paquette from the draft? Same with Wideman.

Why does it matter, Habs gave up nothing to acquire him, and he makes slight over min wage
No, I suppose. Maybe I just like to see guys work up the ladder. Tampa has success with that.Then you acquire the missing pieces, the Colemans etc. Paquette is not a missing piece. Minimal impact, either way I guess.

No, I suppose. Maybe I just like to see guys work up the ladder. Tampa has success with that.Then you acquire the missing pieces, the Colemans etc. Paquette is not a missing piece. Minimal impact, either way I guess.
Paquette is not expected to be Goodrow or Coleman, at best he’s a Maroon type 4th line but not a regular

Which is why I wonder if he is worth bothering with at all.....maybe

I see Brian Flynn signed with the Devils. I thought his name was familiar...turns out he played two full years with us and part of another, all as recentkly as 5-6 years ago. . Talk about being forgetful. And I thought I had good memory....yes, I remember him now. Somewhat.

It used to bother me but really it should not, and shouldn't bother you either. We should be focusing solely at developing players that would cost more than the league minimum to acquire. Guys that would enable us to not spend the extra money on Savard, Armia, Hoffman. Minimum salary guys we're even better not developing them so we don't waste draft picks on them.

It's the same reason I'm not bothered spending a 5th round for some depth player. We'd have 5% chance of our own 5th round developing into a depth player.

Your right , there should be these depth players in the system ready to play at all positions

Back