• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

LeafOfFaith

That's perfectly fine, I was talking about my approach to JayZ, which may not be right on a fundie basis, but works more on the account management side.

My LT account has already exceed it's + 25% goal for the year. Those Georgia Senate races were a gift. My task, right now, is not to give those gains back. Any stock that exhibits leaky behaviour will get cut.

The year just started....so not worried about missing any opportunities.
I think mine is like 15%. Weak sauce.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Hmmmm..I thought VEXT was already approved. Played it from 1.15 to 1.40 the days immediately after Georgia results. No position now. I guess I should have payed more attention.

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
Hmmmm..I thought VEXT was already approved. Played it from 1.15 to 1.40 the days immediately after Georgia results. No position now. I guess I should have payed more attention.
You'd think it would have been priced in. What wasn't priced in was how quickly they started sales. And it took a few days for them actually to somewhat price it in. The zona plays were hot hot hot today. Would never fly on a real exchange. The big moves would have come when we heard that rec sales were imminent... We're talking about 8+ months quicker than expected. Crazy that they're off and running in January.

Pretty sure NJ ain't coming online till Q4. And NY? At the rate of which they do things? We'll be lucky if it's Q3 2022.

Preston

In any case, that's a bwel esque quick 16-17% that I got on vext. Great way to end the week between their performance and gtii close to all-time highs.

Reactions: CH1

CH1

You'd think it would have been priced in. What wasn't priced in was how quickly they started sales. And it took a few days for them actually to somewhat price it in. The zona plays were hot hot hot today. Would never fly on a real exchange. The big moves would have come when we heard that rec sales were imminent... We're talking about 8+ months quicker than expected.

yeah... and they were only hot hot in the afternoon, even tho the “accelerated sales” news came out yesterday. The delay is what is so strange to me.

it’s like anyone can read a Todd tweet, wait 24 hrs before pressing buy and get rewarded. I’m not knocking it.... but it’s confusing when you are trying to figure out what is priced in/or not

Preston

yeah... and they were only hot hot in the afternoon, even tho the “accelerated sales” news came out yesterday. The delay is what is so strange to me.

it’s like anyone can read a Todd tweet, wait 4 hrs before pressing buy and get rewarded. I’m not knocking it.... but it’s confusing when you are trying to figure out what is priced in/or not
Been this way for years. I wouldn't compare it to a Nasdaq stock. Two days ago vext took an absolute shit in the closing minutes of the day. All it takes is one guy with moderate amounts of money to bail and that's what happens. The next morning it gapped up, but not much. An investor had a chance to buy either eod Wednesday or Thursday morning in the 1.20s. It didn't stay there long. The illiquidity, especially when it comes to small caps, is an edge worth exploiting.

Preston

SAFE Banking, for example, at this point should be priced in. But I bet you it isn't. The stocks will make a move once it's about to be passed. Maybe nothing crazy but I suspect a bump comes from it.

CH1

For sure, I am not above exploiting that inefficiency delay... profits always welcomed.

if you remember VEXT was the only stock that didn’t gap up post Georgia, so I pounced on it (shared it here) and the stock did nothing for most of the day... I started to wonder about it but then it zipped 20% by next morning

it’s like Groundhog Day, but with a profitable twist

Preston

For sure, I am not above exploiting that inefficiency delay... profits always welcomed.

if you remember VEXT was the only stock that didn’t gap up post Georgia, so I pounced on it (shared it here) and the stock did nothing for most of the day... I started to wonder about it but then it zipped 20% by next morning

it’s like Groundhog Day, but with a profitable twist
Yeah I missed it post Georgia. Hated myself because that's a play I try to exploit usually. Got complacent with my other gains and decided to hold and do nothing. You were wise to pounce.

But I kept it on my watchlist and basically waited for something like the Wednesday EOD dump to happen. Hesitated but was able to buy Thursday morning for a buck 25 or 26. And yeah... The accelerated start date for rec sales kinda validated that decision even more. Made it feel like an easy choice in the end. Getting to start 6-8 months early is a big fucking deal for a company like vext.

Reactions: CH1

CH1

SAFE Banking, for example, at this point should be priced in. But I bet you it isn't. The stocks will make a move once it's about to be passed. Maybe nothing crazy but I suspect a bump comes from it.

That’s significantly different because failure to pass is >0% and the timing is uncertain....plus some investors don’t want to wait 3 months or 6 months or whatever it is...not to mention, SAFE is the mechanism that will allow more money into pot investing itself!

Arizona opening retail was 100% certain as it already happened. The surprise will be “wow sales are off the charts, who knew so many stoners lived here”

Preston

That’s significantly different because failure to pass is >0% and the timing is uncertain....some investors don’t want to wait 3 months or 6 months or whatever it is...not to mention, SAFE is the mechanism that will allow more money into pot investing itself!

Arizona opening retail was 100% certain as it already happened. The surprise will be “wow sales are off the charts, who knew so many stoners lived here”
As soon as dems won the Senate safe immediately becomes the floor and is ultimately a reason for the immediate uptick. It's not so different than a company that runs into earnings and meets or beats earning estimates ( a >0% chance) and sells on the news.

Arizona opening rec sales earlier than expected shoulda been a catalyst. I guess it kind of was but the reaction was clearly delayed.

CH1

Yeah but SAFE isn’t just great news for the companies; it also expands the potential investor base. Ie right now the person with 5M with Credit Suisse Bank can’t buy GTII, and neither can the dude with $500 in his Robinhood account

Preston

Yeah true, if that language is tacked on to the bill that's huge. That probably isn't priced in, I agree. Not sure we get that with SAFE though. Deffo possible.

CH1

did they get ahold of BB too? Lol

I went to WSB tonight and some folks are definitely hyping BB.

It jumped another buck after the close -- last trade at 15 even. Almost 4M shares Friday after hours on zero news is sick.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 10.31.11 PM.png