• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

ETF rebalancing was confirmed the reason for Friday's move btw. I was wondering how that guy "knew" on Saturday.. Truth is, they report on settlement dates and not dates that trades were made. The $MJ ETF trades on Friday were seen today.

Based on this week's action, that feels obvious. It's all down to CGC on Thursday but it's hard to be bullish. May need another leg down or two to bottom out.

giphy.gif

Wish I had one of them. Unless you're implying I have one.. "May" does not mean "will". Just leaning bearish is all. And I will lean that way till I see something like what happened on Friday without ETF rebalancing taking place.

So canopy managed to miss on my and the markets brutal expectations. You guys said it... There is no money to be made in Canada. Outside of the lack of population regulations consistently get in the way. Seeing an increase in monthly sales as a country and the big names losing market share just reminds me of the branding restrictions that are truly fucking these guys over. No way to stand out. It's the very least of their problems but it's just another issue to tack on to the Canadian shit show. The US is always the golden ticket.

Now we hope we see an MSO decoupling because at this point they're not even in the same league anymore. Two different industries really.

I will have a brand new MJ ticker for you Preston in a week or so, that WILL go, and go very well. The guys behind it, took on a MJ stock in January, and it went up from .82 cents to 7.90.

The guys are fun to invest with, cause they pick out really good companies and really accelerate the stock price, by taking it to Europe, the States etc... and showing off the companies wares.

The biggest costs for MJ companies in Canada are energy costs and labour. What if a company were to eliminate the energy cost and use robotics? Hmmm that company might make a lot of money.

I will have a brand new MJ ticker for you Preston in a week or so, that WILL go, and go very well. The guys behind it, took on a MJ stock in January, and it went up from .82 cents to 7.90.

The guys are fun to invest with, cause they pick out really good companies and really accelerate the stock price, by taking it to Europe, the States etc... and showing off the companies wares.

The biggest costs for MJ companies in Canada are energy costs and labour. What if a company were to eliminate the energy cost and use robotics? Hmmm that company might make a lot of money.
How long before you get banned again?

I dunno brother... Days, weeks, I just don't know, I am too big of a Leaf fan for my own good. But I learned something from Don Cherry, best to keep certain things stuffed in the back of your brain I guess.

Being overly outspoken doesn't pay off that well. Learning as I go on I suppose.

I can grate on people I get that. I am working on filtering that. Ongoing process.

Its a nice board, some very intelligent posters, I would prefer to be able to stay, but ultimately its up to Habsy. And his top guys I guess.

In terms of Don, I like the guy, have met him personally, but I don't condone at all what he said, immigrants are a big part of my family; so no way do I agree with what he said.; I wouldn't have a son, if the world gravitated to what he seems to want. So how could I agree with him?

Me personally, being thrust upon the huge influx of immigrants in Kitchener is to be friendly and welcome them to the greatest spot to nest in, in the world. WIsh them all the best. Throwing hate upon them is the worst thing I or anyone else could do. IMO.

Ancillary benefit? To me? House price has inflated really nicely.

Last edited:
VFF -- another earnings casualty. Fresh 52 week low AH. I have a feeling it will fill most of the gap tomorrow. They lowered their cost/gram to an absurd level, they are owed 7.2M from Emerald, and they did some accounting adjustments. For those reasons, I believe their conference call tomorrow will be well received.

VFF -- another earnings casualty. Fresh 52 week low AH. I have a feeling it will fill most of the gap tomorrow. They lowered their cost/gram to an absurd level, they are owed 7.2M from Emerald, and they did some accounting adjustments. For those reasons, I believe their conference call tomorrow will be well received.
That's a bounce play I'd be interested in if there's a selloff tomorrow.

Max level despair right now with petrifying news priced in across the board. Historically this is about the time to starting building a long position. I'm personally going to wait on Canopy.. still think it could have a lot more downside. But the bull run will be huge. As usual.

VFF up a buck from the opening print
Was tempted but played the GTII dip on open instead; bought near the low and things are looking real spicy on them but I told myself I wouldn't increase my core holdings permanently. Just executed a sale for the 500 shares I bought at 11.77. Roughly a $500 gain on that trade.

Definitely an MSO decoupling happening right now. I'll be fully convinced of the decoupling if the impressive earning reports from GTII, CURA, TRUL, etc. are not sell the news events. Big week next week because it could be a pivot point where US and CDN MJ trade like two different sectors. As they should.

Reactions: CH1
same here, took the money with VFF as I bought these in my trading account. I find it easier not to mix time frames this way.

momentum is surely building on the US side -- their bankers can't wait to jump in and create a massive bubble at some point.

Trul had nice earnings.

I feel like the whale investors in the US are starting to bid things up. Even starting rumors like BUD wants to buy Tilray.

this market is unhinged. no dips that last longer than 60 mins. thankfully, I banked coin on my puts with reluctant stops. I still think we're due for a multi day pullback but I can't argue with my longs making me money AYX SNAP CHWY TSLA NFLX

Back