• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hockey Media & Business Thread

and for context (a word foreign to the grifter) this is from the Blackhawks after their internal investigation)

View: https://x.com/tony_sartori/status/1790767788363047305

If the Blackhawks told me it was raining I'd go to the window to check before taking their word for it. That franchise has zero credibility.

And whether the suit gets defeated or not doesn't change the objective reality that the things being alleged actually happened. What happens and what can be proven beyond a doubt in a court of law are two very different things. Most sexual assault victims don't even bother reporting what happened to them because they know nothing will come of it. But that doesn't mean they weren't assaulted.

Given the Blackhawks' track record, I'm inclined to believe every allegation about them. I stand a much better chance of being right that way.

If the Blackhawks told me it was raining I'd go to the window to check before taking their word for it. That franchise has zero credibility.

And whether the suit gets defeated or not doesn't change the objective reality that the things being alleged actually happened. What happens and what can be proven beyond a doubt in a court of law are two very different things. Most sexual assault victims don't even bother reporting what happened to them because they know nothing will come of it. But that doesn't mean they weren't assaulted.

Given the Blackhawks' track record, I'm inclined to believe every allegation about them. I stand a much better chance of being right that way.
it's civil so it is a balance of probabilities and I do get your point but Westhead did not investigation of this matter, he just gerbled the CBS sports story.

My wife went to high school in Edmonton with one of his cousins and remembers meeting him back then (he's about a year younger than her and I) He was just her friend's cousin Darren from Saskatchewan back then but she remembers him because of his outgoing personality, which he had even all those years ago.

My wife went to high school in Edmonton with one of his cousins and remembers meeting him back then (he's about a year younger than her and I) He was just her friend's cousin Darren from Saskatchewan back then but she remembers him because of his outgoing personality, which he had even all those years ago.
He was on serious roids at one time , died of cancer .

I love the fact that guy blocked me
Well, he exposes an epidemic of rapey junior hockey players as well as the existence of a secret slush fund operated by Hockey Canada to make the allegations go away, a fund unwittingly paid for by every parent of every kid in minor hockey via their registration fees, and your reaction is to attack him for doing his job because you only support accountability if it doesn't inconvenience you.

What should he have done? Engage with you? He's reporting a gang rape by players on the national team and your riposte is to say, essentially, "But what will I do on Boxing Day if the Canada-Belarus game is canceled?" I'm not sure we can fault Westhead for choosing not to bother with someone who's basically telling him that he doesn't care if anyone was assaulted as long as he has a game to watch.

Well, he exposes an epidemic of rapey junior hockey players as well as the existence of a secret slush fund operated by Hockey Canada to make the allegations go away, a fund unwittingly paid for by every parent of every kid in minor hockey via their registration fees, and your reaction is to attack him for doing his job because you only support accountability if it doesn't inconvenience you.

What should he have done? Engage with you? He's reporting a gang rape by players on the national team and your riposte is to say, essentially, "But what will I do on Boxing Day if the Canada-Belarus game is canceled?" I'm not sure we can fault Westhead for choosing not to bother with someone who's basically telling him that he doesn't care if anyone was assaulted as long as he has a game to watch.
He regurgitates, doesn't expose. He is a typical reporter, if you challenge them, they block. They think they are above us.

You've been blocked by better people.

BTW, there is a delicious irony in you defending the right to block people given what you have gone through on this board the last few weeks...

He regurgitates, doesn't expose. He is a typical reporter, if you challenge them, they block. They think they are above us.

You've been blocked by better people.

BTW, there is a delicious irony in you defending the right to block people given what you have gone through on this board the last few weeks...
I'm not defending it. I'm saying I understand it. And I don't think you "challenged" him. You merely attacked him as being an "anti-hockey" killjoy. If I was the King of Twitter I would make it impossible for anyone to block anyone else. If you're in the arena then buckle up because it's game on. You don't get to hit and run. The only accounts I've ever blocked on Twitter are bot accounts selling crypto or those Russian bikini models who randomly like posts hoping to garner followers because they have nudes in their bios. Otherwise I'm happy to spar with whomever. I only wish the people over at the Leafs board had thicker skin but they have a problem with accepting basic truths about their favorite team.

Back