• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

In Memoriam (2024)

Announced two days ago but in reality, actor John Amos ("Good Times", "Roots") died August 21st.

John Amos Cause Of Death Revealed

I meant to post this earlier: Mitzi Gaynor, who starred in notable films such as "South Pacific", and later built a successful career in Vegas and specials on television, passed away at 93.

When we were visiting a historic part of LA back in the mid-80s with our then-newborn eldest daughter, Mitzi came over and spoke kindly to us for a few moments and made the baby smile. Afterwards, Mitzi's assistant came over and told us to tell her (when she grew up) that "THE Mitzi Gaynor" had come over to admire her. R.I.P., Mitzi

Last edited:
Finally, in what was truly shocking news the other day, Fernando Valenzuela died, age 63. 😪He'd just stepped down last month from his color role with the Dodgers' Spanish language radio broadcasts. "Fernandomania" kicked off with his electric MLB debut in 1981 and never really died down, even as his career with the Dodgers wound down. Ironic that they are playing the Yankees in the World Series, as the last time they played each other (1981) was Fernando's afore-mentioned rookie season. In that series, Fernando won Game #3 by a 5-4 score (after the Yankees won the first two games), with Dodgers going on to win the final three games of the series. R.I.P., Fernando.

Back