• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Ivan Demidov - Montreal Canadien

Picking Reinbacher over Michkov is gonna be like Leblanc over Kreider.

Okay maybe not THAT bad
I've all but given up on these debates being anything other than pointless bickering.

Who's going to have a better career, Player A chosen 17th overall or Player B chosen 18th overall? Nobody actually knows, not even the ones who are the best on the planet at this.

I've all but given up on these debates being anything other than pointless bickering.

Who's going to have a better career, Player A chosen 17th overall or Player B chosen 18th overall? Nobody actually knows, not even the ones who are the best on the planet at this.
I picked those two players for Habsy specifically.

Yeah, but whether it's Michkov - Reinbacher, Leblanc - Kreider, or even Terry Ryan - Jarome Iginla, it's become more or less the same thing to me.

The 2022 draft sort of changed my way of thinking. If you look at the first 10 players taken, they were taken from 8 different leagues. Eight different rule sets, caliber of play, ice surfaces, style of play, etc. There were also zero international competitions to see those players face off against each other minus the World Championship, where.............. the only two players from that draft were on Slovakia's team, in different positions.

How can you credibly look at those players and be 100% sure that Player A will be better than Player B? Particularly in the 2022 draft when there were still Covid-related limitations in some parts of the world.

In most drafts, the further along you go, it's beyond a crap shoot, it's literally just Player X has traits I like, let's take him. We drafted a guy this year (Ben Morrill) and in the state sponsored propaganda video that they released, they said he has attributes you'd want a fourth liner to have (He's 6'5). In the scouting report available online, they politely wrote, if you read between the lines, that he basically doesn't really know how to play hockey just yet.

Content yourselves in rhe knowledge that Michkov would never have agreed to play for us.and leave it there.

Also, he's playing tonight and his team is down 3-0 so he's not doing shit.

Yeah, but whether it's Michkov - Reinbacher, Leblanc - Kreider, or even Terry Ryan - Jarome Iginla, it's become more or less the same thing to me.

The 2022 draft sort of changed my way of thinking. If you look at the first 10 players taken, they were taken from 8 different leagues. Eight different rule sets, caliber of play, ice surfaces, style of play, etc. There were also zero international competitions to see those players face off against each other minus the World Championship, where.............. the only two players from that draft were on Slovakia's team, in different positions.

How can you credibly look at those players and be 100% sure that Player A will be better than Player B? Particularly in the 2022 draft when there were still Covid-related limitations in some parts of the world.

In most drafts, the further along you go, it's beyond a crap shoot, it's literally just Player X has traits I like, let's take him. We drafted a guy this year (Ben Morrill) and in the state sponsored propaganda video that they released, they said he has attributes you'd want a fourth liner to have (He's 6'5). In the scouting report available online, they politely wrote, if you read between the lines, that he basically doesn't really know how to play hockey just yet.

Less of a crapshoot the higher up you go in the 1st round…. plus I prefer to draft for ceiling rather than dependability in the top 5.

I’m grateful Demigod dropped to 5… just like Cole and Hutson fell to us

Content yourselves in rhe knowledge that Michkov would never have agreed to play for us.and leave it there.

Also, he's playing tonight and his team is down 3-0 so he's not doing shit.

Almost came back. A goal and an assist for MM. And of course he would have played for us eventually. Only American born NCAA players can decide where they play in the NHL, if they’re patient enough - most are not.

Which is why it is frustrating to miss on top picks and/or suck in the wrong years.

Back