• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

Of course, AIG was on the leading edge of destroying the global economy not so long ago. No one went to jail and, in fact, they were rewarded for their efforts so that they could continue with their good works.

Read up, peeps.

simple question - what is your position on Chinese persecution of the Uighur population?

are you suggesting that the forced incarceration and sterilizations (and I'm not even touching the 'vocational training' and 'reeducation', yet)... did not occur?

is the Globe and Mail's long-time China correspondent in on the deep state conspiracy, writing fabricated articles and posting doctored photographs?

and the Guardian, that right-wing rag, they must be in on it too. cannot trust any of their reporting on it either.

and man, those fucking Uighurs who escape or flee and then talk about their experiences, they must be paid CIA operatives too, amirite?

I mean there is widespread evidence of what amounts in my view to efforts at 'low-key' (i.e. subtle, under the radar) ethnic cleansing. You can choose not to believe it because the enemy of the imperialists are your friends, but you have to willingly ignore lots of evidence to the contrary to land there.

Any journalist that compares our security apparatus and media to China's is either clueless or has an agenda that doesnt require attachment to reality. Weapons grade whataboutism in place of a functioning argument.

Also, the claims that we are going to get pushed into a shooting war with China by steve fucking Bannon is batshit

Impossibly ignorant.

Human rights abuses in Xinjiang have been well known in the international community for years. Fuck, even the wikipedia article on forced labour camps in Xinjiang is 4 or 5 years old. The CCP created these camps ostensibly to deal with the threat of terrorism (which was certainly a problem in the region), but the human rights abuses have been well documented for years.

simple question - what is your position on Chinese persecution of the Uighur population?

are you suggesting that the forced incarceration and sterilizations (and I'm not even touching the 'vocational training' and 'reeducation', yet)... did not occur?

is the Globe and Mail's long-time China correspondent in on the deep state conspiracy, writing fabricated articles and posting doctored photographs?

and the Guardian, that right-wing rag, they must be in on it too. cannot trust any of their reporting on it either.

and man, those fucking Uighurs who escape or flee and then talk about their experiences, they must be paid CIA operatives too, amirite?
Since you didn't read the article, here's a summary for you ...

BeLeafer loves anything as long as it opposes America.
This is exactly what you dummies like to think.

It's rather this:

Governments lie and they lie ALL the time. I trust nothing they say. Here we are talking about a government that has an extremely well established history of telling wild lies about its adversaries. When these lies are not challenged, they get repeated over and over again until they seem like the truth. This is Goebbels 101.

All of it should be scrutinized and questioned. Since corporate media will no longer serve this basic journalistic function, people have to do it for themselves or rely on others who will.

This is exactly what you dummies like to think.

It's rather this:

Governments lie and they lie ALL the time. I trust nothing they say. Here we are talking about a government that has an extremely well established history of telling wild lies about its adversaries. When these lies are not challenged, they get repeated over and over again until they seem like the truth. This is Goebbels 101.

All of it should be scrutinized and questioned. Since corporate media will no longer serve this basic journalistic function, people have to do it for themselves or rely on others who will.

Attempt to insult my intelligence if it makes you feel better, but your agenda is crystal clear. I was quite obviously, I thought, speaking about your posting in general and not necessarily this specific story.

thanks for telling me governments lie though, I had no idea.

jackass.

It got the response it deserved.

Of course, nothing insulting about suggesting I'm motivated by anti-Americanism or that I love its adversaries.

Back