• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

GPFoyK9XUAAu7gB

I don't think these results say what they look like they're saying on the surface fwiw(that Trump's support is growing after the conviction). What I think we're seeing is a mobilization of the soft never Trump republicans who were still really, really likely to still vote Trump despite their mewling and soft support of Nikki Haley in the primaries. Republicans, Indy's, and even a small percentage of registered democrats (5% of dems voted Trump in 2020 fwiw) moving back to where they were always going to land anyway because woke, derp state, palestine, whatever.

The more interesting part imo is the portion that has remained steadfast never Trump. Starting the games 54-45 against is a bad starting point. 58% of Indy's saying to get fucked post conviction is bad, and 14% of Republicans that he just couldn't afford to lose.

Fwiw, here's the % Donnie got in 2020 vs the results of this polling

Dems: 5%/5% (5% refused/undec)
Indy: 41%/34% (11% refused/undec)
GOP: 94%/66% (20% refused/undec)

and this is all before we look at some of the bias factors that straight up lean Trump in regards to poll sampling (young people don't answer phone numbers they don't know, and don't own landlines....olds do).

With the Vibecession starting to run into a wall, this is part of a good trend imo.

Back