• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

God works in mysterious ways then...because that's not really the type of protection I'd be super interested in. I'd rather god have dude trip and fall on his neck while trying to climb on the roof rather than redirect the bullet by just enough to hit my ear. Maybe I'd be asking too much of the alleged creator of the universe though.

So, if it’s not a lone gunman, which side is behind the attempt, the Democrats and the Republicans? The Left killing Trump doesn’t make sense, just makes him a Martyr and his followers would endlessly try to get payback, causing chaos. The Republicans getting rid of Trump, eliminates a major problem for the party and as long as they say they will continue Trump’s agenda, his followers will support them. Trump surviving an assassination attempt confirms to his followers that the Left will anything to stop Trump and his followers must do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING necessary to get Trump back in power. Problem will be if there is an assassination attempts on Democratic politicians in revenge.

Ultimately, I honestly don’t think this is going to have much effect as far as votes go. Maybe it’ll increase turnout for Trump, but if you’re a member of the cult, you’re probably already a motivated voter.

What it probably does do is ratchet up the likelihood of violence from Trump supporters in the lead up to and aftermath of the election. More people are almost certainly going to die.

Yeah, that's my take as well. If you thought Trump was a rapist, fraud, con man and threat to democracy when today started, someone taking a shot at him isn't going to change your opinion on that.

America is too polarized for this shit to matter much. It's will energize the shit out of your base, juice donations, etc.

Back