• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Walz, my choice, opens up the campaign to "too lefty attacks".

Shapiro has baggage.

Go with Beshear.

I think Walz does the opposite though. He messages progressive stuff so fucking well to middle americans that attacking him on that angle and then having him go on CNN & Fox in the same afternoon and articulate why feeding kids and affordable health care are good things, probably brings low info indy voters over.

I think Walz does the opposite though. He messages progressive stuff so fucking well to middle americans that attacking him on that angle and then having him go on CNN & Fox in the same afternoon and articulate why feeding kids and affordable health care are good things, probably brings low info indy voters over.
Walz explains his positions extremely well, and they are going to get called left of Mao even if they gave the VP job to Romney. Some of the dumbest people are walking around saying Canada is a communist country right now.

Howevah, it does remain to be seen whether it's smarter to add a centrist to the ticket to get independent and center-right votes. I think it's kind of silly to dismiss this as a possibility.

That being said the Republicans have been moving farther and farther to the right for 30 years, so it may be time to just say fuck it and embrace these policies which the American public is generally in favour of.

Last edited:

Precisely. I was on the Walz train early because he looks like Doug Ford bringing you a few cold ones…. then opens his mouth and articulates a slew of common sense progressive policies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the Walz train myself. And it could be argued that he could get progressives more excited and more likely to vote (they should vote in record numbers already, but every vote will count in these swing states), and they do not like Shapiro.

Welz explains his positions extremely well, and they are going to get called left of Mao even if they gave the VP job to Romney. Some of the dumbest people are walking around saying Canada is a communist country right now.

Howevah, it does remain to be seen whether it's smarter to add a centrist to the ticket to get independent and center-right votes. I think it's kind of silly to dismiss this as a possibility.

That being said the Republicans have been moving farther and farther to the right for 30 years, so it may be time to just say fuck it and embrace these policies which the American public is generally in favour of.

The underlying truth of this imo is that old terms like "centrists", etc kind of don't fucking exist anymore in any functional sense. There is no centrism in Trumpism. If you're considering voting for Trump, there's no centrist policy position that has you landing there. It's more important imo for Democrats to make sure their super, super fucking fickle and ridiculous progressive wing shows up at the polls than it is to pander to "centrists".

Basically, fuck centrists. Listening to them is how we got here in the first place. Let's stop accepting this underlying wisdom that regulating and taxing robber barons, not letting medical conditions bankrupt people, and feeding poor kids are radical policy positions that need tempering. Just fucking message them.

The underlying truth of this imo is that old terms like "centrists", etc kind of don't fucking exist anymore in any functional sense. There is no centrism in Trumpism. If you're considering voting for Trump, there's no centrist policy position that has you landing there. It's more important imo for Democrats to make sure their super, super fucking fickle and ridiculous progressive wing shows up at the polls than it is to pander to "centrists".

Basically, fuck centrists. Listening to them is how we got here in the first place.
Again, I don't really disagree with you here. But there are some indie and center-right voters who may be swayed to vote for Kamala with a centrist VP, and who could just stay home instead if they view the ticket as too far left.

Basically, fuck centrists. Listening to them is how we got here in the first place. Let's stop accepting this underlying wisdom that regulating and taxing robber barons, not letting medical conditions bankrupt people, and feeding poor kids are radical policy positions that need tempering. Just fucking message them.

For most maga, "lefty" just means "fagpouchie soyboy"

And shapiro is much more that than Walz ever could be.

Again, I don't really disagree with you here. But there are some indie and center-right voters who may be swayed to vote for Kamala with a centrist VP, and who could just stay home instead if they view the ticket as too far left.

I'm sure there's some. What I don't think is that they outnumber progressive voters who aren't super enthused by the idea of being offered a ticket that is only about stopping Trump. Bernie Bros staying him in 2016 is how we got Trump in the first place.

I can't imagine any voter would have a strong issue with walz being more lefty than shapiro.

For me Walz is better in every way. But shapiro has Pennsylvania going for him.

I'd be at least mildly surprised if the average voter would even identify Walz as being more lefty without being told. How you talk about issues penetrates far deeper into the lizard brains of people than where your opinions fall on the political spectrum. Walz makes "progressive" policy seem like common sense. Because a whole bunch of it is. We've been saying for years that the failure is messaging and being pussies, not the popularity of the policy. Walz is the human personification of what we've been arguing for 20 years.

Back