• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Seems like a marked difference between the Trump campaign in 2016 and now and I wonder if it’s because they got too extreme for competent folks.
I think it's a combination of a few things.

Part of it is getting high on their own supply. They legit cannot seem to distinguish fiction from reality anymore and its endemic throughout the whole party.

Part of it is dotard getting older, grouchier, and less charismatic. He's nearly 80, out of shape, overweight, with 88 felonies hanging over his head. Not the same guy he was in 2016, and a lot more bitter and angry and unhinged.

And I think part of it is that this is a logical conclusion to their movement. They can only get MORE extreme. They can never back down.

Ultimately though I agree

In response to questions about his correspondence with Johnson, Vance spokesman William Martin said the two were never close and don’t share the same politics. “Chuck Johnson spam texted JD Vance,” Martin said. “JD usually ignored him, but occasionally responded to push back against things he said.”
The texts, sent over the encrypted messaging app Signal and provided by Johnson to The Washington Post, show the 40-year-old senator engaged in the kind of freewheeling communication ordinarily tightly controlled by congressional staff.

As a newly minted senator, Vance solicited Johnson’s views on many topics, including UFOs (“What is your read”), the Republican Party’s relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (“What is GOP Bibi problem?”) and the death of convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein (“Do you think Epstein actually killed himself?”). When Johnson suggested that the senator should work to restrict foreign ownership of U.S. housing, Vance responded with a “thumbs up” emoji.

I think the Dems should try a new line about DEI.

Walz should point out that he is a proud DEI hire on this ticket - there only because he shores up all Kamala's demographic weak points. Brag about it with a big smile.

And then point to the other ticket and say "boy don't you think Trump wishes he made a DEI hire over there? Instead he just piled weird whiteness on top of weird whiteness! Imagine how much better a hire he would have made if he cared about diversity, equity, and inclusion".

Democrats want to murder babies after they’re born.

Democrats are trafficking children in the basement of a pizza place.

Teachers are predators trying to groom your children.

Countless countless lies and all dangerous.

Evil malicious lies which they actually end up believing are true. Things that they actually end up having congressional inquiries about.

Vs an obvious joke riffing on an internet meme that nobody actually believes

Back