• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It is true that many pro-choice countries do have some restrictions on abortion. How many abortions are performed in the 7th or 8th month, do we have the data on that? It's an annoying talking point as I can't imagine there's very many, unless it's an emergency procedure due to health complications for the mother, or if it's determined the baby will not survive. They need to figure out a better way to answer the question because it should be very easy to do so.
90% in first trimester in Canada. 93% in US. Majority of women in US that had abortions were women who had never had an abortion before, majority of women had previously delivered a baby.

“trust women” is a good message imo.

90% in first trimester in Canada. 93% in US. Majority of women in US that had abortions were women who had never had an abortion before, majority of women had previously delivered a baby.

“trust women” is a good message imo.
Trust women is a great message, I'm just saying that being kinda evasive on this question is not a good answer.

There are a lot of people who are okay with pro-choice and Roe vs. Wade, but uncomfortable with very late-term abortions, and a lot of countries do have that restriction. Canada for example doesn't, but the USA is much more conservative. So I think they should address the question, though in the end I come back to the only answer being it should still be the woman's choice made in conjunction with her doctor and family. But to address anyone uneasy with late-term abortions, they could say it's less than 1% with most of those cases being done because of danger to the life of the mother or babies who will not survive the pregnancy.

Trust women is a great message, I'm just saying that being kinda evasive on this question is not a good answer.

There are a lot of people who are okay with pro-choice and Roe vs. Wade, but uncomfortable with very late-term abortions, and a lot of countries do have that restriction. Canada for example doesn't, but the USA is much more conservative. So I think they should address the question, though in the end I come back to the only answer being it should still be the woman's choice made in conjunction with her doctor and family. But to address anyone uneasy with late-term abortions, they could say it's less than 1% with most of those cases being done because of danger to the life of the mother or babies who will not survive the pregnancy.
I mean sure, they should definitely point out that these are not really happening. I think most women already know that hence the gender gap in polling

GZMmAUMXoAAX1eY

Back