• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

UR4cRRC.jpg

Seriously, watch the video.

I actually drink 5 cans of soda per year, none of it diet, so it could kill people instantly and I wouldn't mind (except the economy would be fucked for a decade, so I would mind, plus I'm sure some of the players on my favourite teams drink it )

I just find it to be a very interesting topic, because a lot of foods contain artificial sweeteners. It would be really beneficial if they weren't particularly harmful. Everybody says they are, and it seems like they should be.

But the best type of studies (human randomized control trials) have been specifically conducted on key arguments against artificial sweeteners (affect on weight loss/gain, and on the gut microbiome) and they all show zero effect.

I put stevia in coffee sometimes because it's the most "natural", but it seems like they are all pretty harmless in moderation.

I just find it to be a very interesting topic, because a lot of foods contain artificial sweeteners. It would be really beneficial if they weren't particularly harmful. Everybody says they are, and it seems like they should be.

But the best type of studies (human randomized control trials) have been specifically conducted on key arguments against artificial sweeteners (affect on weight loss/gain, and on the gut microbiome) and they all show zero effect.

I put stevia in coffee sometimes because it's the most "natural", but it seems like they are all pretty harmless in moderation.

it has been around for ages....we seem to be doing ok, so not surprised at the conclusion

just stay away from shitty oils like sunflower

I just find it stupid to worry about when you smoke weed and drink alcohol and other shit. What's the point of worrying? seriously? Why gain a year of shitting in your pants and people telling you that you "can't smoke that shit in here" all the time?

Fuck it. I live life. Others seem content to exist.

There is an obesity crisis and a diabetes crisis (ie. diabesity) in the world, and while a lot of people drink diet pop and are overweight, they have many other bad habits as well. So it's crucial to know if artificial sweeteners are part of the problem or the solution.

Layne Norton is very emphatic about CICO because that's what the data shows. There's a lot of other factors at play but at the end of the day if you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight, and vice-versa. Fast food and sugar are high-calorie, low-satiety foods that are the real cause of these problems. Too much food that is always available (for the first time in human history), combined with not enough exercise.

If artificial sweeteners are in fact harmless, they should be a key factor in this battle.

But even more importantly, Coke Zero is fucking awesome.

There is an obesity crisis and a diabetes crisis (ie. diabesity) in the world, and while a lot of people drink diet pop and are overweight, they have many other bad habits as well. So it's crucial to know if artificial sweeteners are part of the problem or the solution.

Layne Norton is very emphatic about CICO because that's what the data shows. There's a lot of other factors at play but at the end of the day if you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight, and vice-versa. Fast food and sugar are high-calorie, low-satiety foods that are the real cause of these problems. Too much food that is always available (for the first time in human history), combined with not enough exercise.

If artificial sweeteners are in fact harmless, they should be a key factor in this battle.

But even more importantly, Coke Zero is fucking awesome.

idiocracy-baitin.gif

Back