• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL Thread

I’ve watched him play, he’s not that good. That’s all the “support said claim” I need to provide to you.

I also don’t make any money responding to you, and I know you can’t afford me.
Annnnd just like clockwork.

For the amount of of thought you put into your posts, I don't think you'd be worth much more than the spare change laying in my pocket. But hey, you do you.

I'm still waiting for that list of 15 QBs better than Dak, btw.

Take your time. No rush at all.

There was 15 better THIS season but that's one season in isolation. And He was top 5 last year. I personally said that he's average for a franchise QB, but I think there is about 15 franchise QBs total in the league so I probably have the same list you have.

Top: Mahomes, Allen, Lawrence, Burrow
Bubble top: Hurts, Herbert, Lamar, Tua, Dak
Bubble down: Murray, Stafford, Wilson (not last year though), Rodgers, Jones, Tannehill
Bottom: Cousins, Carr, Winston, Brady

I am speaking from one side ....I dont trust DAK to get me to the superbowl , period

Any other owner not named " NO BALLS and too loyal Jones " would be moving on and getting a better replacement

If Rodgers wants out get it done , if Brady wants in get it done .

Cowboys are going nowhere with this knob
So it goes from Dak sucks, to Dak doesn't have the IT Factor, to Dak can't be trusted.

You change position the second you realize you don't have a foot to stand on. You point to other quarterbacks who you claim to be better, but their playoff resumes are either comparable or inferior to Dak's.

Just be honest.

So it goes from Dak sucks, to Dak doesn't have the IT Factor, to Dak can't be trusted.

You change position the second you realize you don't have a foot to stand on. You point to other quarterbacks who you claim to be better, but their playoff resumes are either comparable or inferior to Dak's.

Just be honest.
I am honest , I dont trust him and would take those QB`s ahead of him 7 days a week

Same way I dont trust Marner or Matthews

There was 15 better THIS season but that's one season in isolation. And He was top 5 last year. I personally said that he's average for a franchise QB, but I think there is about 15 franchise QBs total in the league so I probably have the same list you have.

Top: Mahomes, Allen, Lawrence, Burrow
Bubble top: Hurts, Herbert, Lamar, Tua, Dak
Bubble down: Murray, Stafford, Wilson (not last year though), Rodgers, Jones, Tannehill
Bottom: Cousins, Carr, Winston, Brady
I don't think 15 quarterbacks had better seasons than Dak, unless you want to hold his totals against him for time missed. And even then... He missed 4 games and the statistical difference between the Cowboys when he's playing compared to when he's not is night and day. I get that the interception totals are bad, but a bunch of people were ready to talk about how good Matthew Stafford was last year, despite leading the league in interceptions. Everyone loves Josh Allen, to the point that he was the pre-season favorite for MVP and the Bills pre-season Superbowl favorites for some reason, but you can count on one hand the amount of QBs that turn the ball over more than he does and he's probably the most inconsistent QB in the league. Is that not the criticism that has been thrown Dak's way? Not that I think it's unwarranted. I just wonder why the same standard that is used for Dak doesn't apply to Allen, beyond Player A is in Dallas and Player B is in Buffalo.

Let's say every QB that are probably better (although I have the Spiderman jpg ready for Josh Allen) and those I have doubts about - Jackson, Allen Hurts, Goff, Watson, Cousins, Tua, Murray. Beyond Jackson, Allen and Hurts, I personally don't know how you can make a credible argument for any of the other quarterbacks being better than Dak. Goff has been in the league as long as Dak has and this is the first season where he actually looked awesome.

I am honest , I dont trust him and would take those QB`s ahead of him 7 days a week

Same way I dont trust Marner or Matthews
What leads you to believe Lamar Jackson and his consecutive season-ending knee injuries make him better than Dak?

I'm legitimately curious. Because once Lamar Jackson cannot afford to run the ball and basically just has to throw it, he's not a good quarterback.

It can't be his playoff resumé, it's dreadful.

Is it his MVP from 2-3 years ago? Aaron Rodgers was MVP less than a full calendar year ago and he's looking like he's washed.

What about Deshaun Watson and his long track record of playoff success that he doesn't have?

Do you just trust them more for reasons other than... arbitrary reasons?

I don't think 15 quarterbacks had better seasons than Dak, unless you want to hold his totals against him for time missed. And even then... He missed 4 games and the statistical difference between the Cowboys when he's playing compared to when he's not is night and day. I get that the interception totals are bad, but a bunch of people were ready to talk about how good Matthew Stafford was last year, despite leading the league in interceptions. Everyone loves Josh Allen, to the point that he was the pre-season favorite for MVP and the Bills pre-season Superbowl favorites for some reason, but you can count on one hand the amount of QBs that turn the ball over more than he does and he's probably the most inconsistent QB in the league. Is that not the criticism that has been thrown Dak's way? Not that I think it's unwarranted. I just wonder why the same standard that is used for Dak doesn't apply to Allen, beyond Player A is in Dallas and Player B is in Buffalo.

Let's say every QB that are probably better (although I have the Spiderman jpg ready for Josh Allen) and those I have doubts about - Jackson, Allen Hurts, Goff, Watson, Cousins, Tua, Murray. Beyond Jackson, Allen and Hurts, I personally don't know how you can make a credible argument for any of the other quarterbacks being better than Dak. Goff has been in the league as long as Dak has and this is the first season where he actually looked awesome.

Argument could be made for Tua, I agree with the rest. Goff is not a franchise QB IMO. However he had a good season. And agreed about Allen. Stafford 17 INT to 41 TD is much different than Dak 15 INT to 23 TD.

QBs that had better seasons than Dak this year : Mahomes, Tua, Goff, Jimmy G, Hurts, Geno, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Herbert, Jones, Cousins. Ok I'm at 12.

I don't think Tua or Jimmy G had better seasons than Dak, especially since both missed nearly half the season due to injury. It's pretty damning that San Francisco's third string quarterback makes them look better than when Jimmy G was playing.

The rest had better years than Dak, I do agree.

I don't think Tua or Jimmy G had better seasons than Dak, especially since both missed nearly half the season due to injury. It's pretty damning that San Francisco's third string quarterback makes them look better than when Jimmy G was playing.

The rest had better years than Dak, I do agree.
Tua played 13 games, Dak 12, Jimmy 11, they're all in the same boat.

Tua, 8-5, 24 TD, 8 INT, 64.8%, Rate 105.5, QBR 68.9, Y/G 272.9
Jimmy, 7-3, 16 TD, 4 INT, 67.2%, Rate 103.0, QBR 54.5, Y/G 221.5
Dak, 8-4, 23 TD, 15 INT, 66.2%, Rate 91.1, QBR 57.9, Y/G 238.3

I don't think there is an argument that Tua had a better season. Jimmy and Dak are much closer but Jimmy was doing exactly what was needed, keep it simple and don't turn the ball over. Dak was more explosive at the cost of turnovers. And to be fair, SF 3rd string QB also had better numbers than Dak, and played better face to face, just a smaller sample.

Last edited:
But that's the thing. San Francisco, like Philly, is loaded with talent and have excellent coaches. Neither Purdy or Jimmy G were the reasons they won, and Trey Lance probably would have had similar success to those two because the quarterbacks in San Francisco are not required to elevate the players around them, just make as few mistakes as possible.

bottom line -- Dak is not elite, and with his cap hit jumping to 49M next year and 54M in 2024, Dallas will need to figure out a way to restructure his contract after next season at the latest.

But that's the thing. San Francisco, like Philly, is loaded with talent and have excellent coaches. Neither Purdy or Jimmy G were the reasons they won, and Trey Lance probably would have had similar success to those two because the quarterbacks in San Francisco are not required to elevate the players around them, just make as few mistakes as possible.
All very true, but 1) Isn’t that the right model to use instead of putting all your eggs on a QB 2) Isn’t the same applying to Dallas to an extent? Great defense, good rushing offense, they don’t need Dak to be superhuman to win, just for him to take care of the ball, make the right reads and the key plays at the right time.

That’s the problem… they are giving a game manager Mahomes type moolah.

That’s the problem… they are giving a game manager Mahomes type moolah.
It’s even more compounded by that he’s not even a very good manager given the turnovers. He’s more than a manager but I would venture that Dallas would be better served by a manager at 20M less.

Reactions: CH1
That contract was unprecedented in that every penny was guaranteed

28M x 3 yr in 2018

It didn’t work out. I didn’t expect it to.

Dishing out elite money to non elite QBs rarely does.
they all get 40+ now, fuck Lamar wants 50+, Burrow will want more than that for sure.

Brady and Rodgers are not the answer for the Cowboys at this point of their declining careers.
Better than numbnuts

Dallas is well stacked and balanced , both those players are exactly what they need

A game manager , a brain behind center

They cant carry teams any more but Dallas doesnt need that

Dallas is playing this weekend with Brady or Rodgers

Last edited:
Better than numbnuts

Dallas is well stacked and balanced , both those players are exactly what they need

A game manager , a brain behind center

They cant carry teams any more but Dallas doesnt need that

Dallas is playing this weekend with Brady or Rodgers
Last year Brady and Rodgers maybe, but not the version I saw this year.
Brady looked like she finally caught up with him and Rodgers looked like he’d rather do anything but play football, he’s only there for the paycheck.

Brady looked absolutely dreadful against the Cowboys and Rodgers couldn’t even beat the Lions with the season on the line. I think you’re stuck with the past glory versions of themselves.

Back