• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Post Corona - What Will Change?

Far harder than a human before humans can move at least. Chasing around an energetic animal, cleaning up piss and shit off the floor, and taking it for late night/early morning walks are all things I could do without. When humans are old enough to move I'm sure that poses new challenges but until then it's fucking effortless by comparison. Of course, not all humans are created equal. Some can be nightmares too. But the weekend with the dog was the least enjoyable thing I've ever done in my life. And I've done a lot of unenjoyable shit. Mrs. Preston wanted a dog before that and the weekend changed her mind. So it was worth the pain.

And I recognize that a lot of it had to do with me resenting the dog because I severely dislike them and find them gross, but still.. They're not easy.

If you routinely take them outside And pay attention to sniffing around, there’s a lot less piss and shit clean up to do. Tell me the baby doesn’t sit in it’s filth for a few hours at a time. 😉
you can also adopt an older animal who’s already been trained. Win win.

In a move that could reverberate across the tech industry, Twitter announced Tuesday that employees working from home right now will never have to come back into the office if they don’t want to.

The San Francisco-based social media company, which encouraged employees to work from home in early March as the coronavirus began spreading in the U.S., said it came to the conclusion after seeing how well employees functioned while working remotely.

“The past few months have proven we can make that work,” a statement on the company’s blog said of people working away from the office. “So if our employees are in a role and situation that enables them to work from home and they want to continue to do so forever, we will make that happen.”

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey made the same promise in an email to staff obtained by BuzzFeed News. Employees whose jobs cannot be done remotely, such as those who maintain servers, will be an exception to the new policy, he said.

Back