• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

yeah not a bad idea.

davies really needs to start creating more.
Gets your best players on the pitch

Creapeu
Johnson - bombito - Cornelius
Richie - staq - kone/oso - Shaff
David - larin - davies (or 1 as CAM and the other 2 as striker).

Still gives kone/oso, Miller, Millar etc. On the bench

i don't know that i love Johnston as part of a back 3 tho.

i think our personnel kinda dictates a 4-4-2 tbh.

i don't know that i love Johnston as part of a back 3 tho.

i think our personnel kinda dictates a 4-4-2 tbh.
He has been playing in the back 3 for canada since WCQ

But if not then play a 4-4-2

Creapeu
Johnson - Bombito - Cornelius- richie
Miller - staq - oso/kone - shaff
Davies - David

Then you have larin, oso/kone, Millar etc off the bench.

He has been playing in the back 3 for canada since WCQ

it's been strict 4-4-2 with Marsch. and i agree with him tbh. I don't know that any of our D really suits a back 3, and I think we have a whole bunch of pure wing players that deserve to play.

it's been strict 4-4-2 with Marsch. and i agree with him tbh. I don't know that any of our D really suits a back 3, and I think we have a whole bunch of pure wing players that deserve to play.
It takes away some of the athleticism from the team playing a 4-4-2, especially with davies at LB.

I think they have for sure been playing conservatively (and tbh they really did need to fix the defensive play so I get it), but in theory a 4-4-2 should free up both Davies and Johnston to move up into the attack aggressively and consistently.

I think they have for sure been playing conservatively (and tbh they really did need to fix the defensive play so I get it), but in theory a 4-4-2 should free up both Davies and Johnston to move up into the attack aggressively and consistently.
It could but they have 2 box to box mids. For them to have free reign they need a destroyer in the middle and we don't have that player.

Also no speed up top in david and larin.

Tons of good options and formations but many are square pegs for round holes (that sounds dirtier than I intended it)

I just don't see any of Davies, Buchanan, Laryea, Johnston, Millar, Shaff as anything but pure wing players. And the 4-4-2 let's you have 4 of them on the field in their natural roles at all times.

I also don't think cornelius or bombito have the skills to be anything but out and out centerbacks, and in a 3 man back I'd prefer if the left and right guys could both help initiate attacks or else it becomes a super defensive setup.

But i don't really get the issue with having 2 box to box guys in the middle of a 4-4-2? for me that is pretty ideal i think? they both need to be able to fully contribute on both ends to make the 4-4-2 work right for me.

I get the no speed in the strikers thing but that's why i want both millar and shaff in there to bring as much speed as possible.

I just don't see any of Davies, Buchanan, Laryea, Johnston, Millar, Shaff as anything but pure wing players. And the 4-4-2 let's you have 4 of them on the field in their natural roles at all times.

I also don't think cornelius or bombito have the skills to be anything but out and out centerbacks, and in a 3 man back I'd prefer if the left and right guys could both help initiate attacks or else it becomes a super defensive setup.

But i don't really get the issue with having 2 box to box guys in the middle of a 4-4-2? for me that is pretty ideal i think? they both need to be able to fully contribute on both ends to make the 4-4-2 work right for me.

I get the no speed in the strikers thing but that's why i want both millar and shaff in there to bring as much speed as possible.
Staq and oso are not the quickest and kone is young. The team did well with an organizer like Vitoria and hutch in mid.

Exposing Bombito/Cornelius/Millar won't lead to great things.

yeah I have no time for Osorio anymore. strictly bench material for me.

Kone's time is now. He's young but not that young and he's the key to us being any good at all.

and tbh i think we're doing better with the young guys than we did with old Vitoria and Hutch the past couple years.

but yeah they will definitely make mistakes. But it's not like we're gonna win this tourney - this experience is invaluable for them.

yeah I have no time for Osorio anymore. strictly bench material for me.

Kone's time is now. He's young but not that young and he's the key to us being any good at all.

and tbh i think we're doing better with the young guys than we did with old Vitoria and Hutch the past couple years.

but yeah they will definitely make mistakes. But it's not like we're gonna win this tourney - this experience is invaluable for them.
I keep wanting to see a kone performance and him vs France was close but he has been nearly unplayable for the Nats overall

quarterfinals with updated elo ratings:

ARG #1 v ECU #5
VZA #6 v CAN #10

COL #2 v PAN #8
URU #3 v BRZ #4

I don't like our chances vs Venezuela but we couldn't have asked for a better draw.

quarterfinals with updated elo ratings:

ARG #1 v ECU #5
VZA #6 v CAN #10

COL #2 v PAN #8
URU #3 v BRZ #4

I don't like our chances vs Venezuela but we couldn't have asked for a better draw.
Argentina vs Canada
Columbia vs Brazil

That will be the semis... fuck soteldo

Back