• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

With a YUGE match for Inter against ManCity.........coach inzaghi kinda chickened out a bit tbh and heavily rotated the squad, sitting 4 or 5 regulars.

it's kind of understandable given one key guy was injured (dimarco) another one was banged up (Lautauro) and they have a huge darby against AC Milan on sunday after dropping costly points to lowly monza last weekend......but still pretty dissappointing given that this was an epic remeatch of an epic CL finals.

But dammit if this rotated Inter squad isn't doing themselves proud and giving ManCity their toughest match of the season.

0-0 in the 67th minute now and i would imagine the xG in this game is pretty even.

nice. a surprising draw given the lineup.

Inter kinda sat back at the end to seal the draw and let man City get a bit too much dangerous possession but still that's a solid draw.

First time Halaand (10gls this year) has been kept off the scoresheet this year, and first time ManCity's been held scoreless going well back into last year.

Old man Acerbi has marked Halaand right out of the game both times they've matched up. nice.,

good stuff.

Quality win, nice to have Brennan score again and Solanke pot his first for us.

Lots of work left to do to get back in it tho

Great first half from Spurs. Hopefully they can pile on some more goals against Man U 10

That was a fun game…..think we’ve found something special with Kulusevski in midfield and Brennan finding his form out wide, and Solanke providing exactly what we needed at striker. (outside of scoring even, he’s been fantastic off ball)

Maddison is back to the form we saw to start last year as well, has x4.81 goal involvements so far…..higher than Saka, higher than Diaz….only ones I’m aware of that are higher are Halaand, Salah, or Palmer.

Once him and Solanke really gel & Mads gets a feel for where he likes to receive it etc….they’ll both really take off. (Especially as teams have to start shading to the outside covering for Brennan more)

Back