• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The MFing High Times Thread

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
Since this topic seems to creep into threads relatively often I thought we could discuss experiences, strains, news etc. If it is investment news please stick to the Blockchain thread.

Now that THC and other formerly illegal substances are now widely legal or at minimum medically legal, there should be no issue in discussing it.

We don't get the shrooms down here, wish we did, but I hear it's popular up in Canada.

So what's your fav? Vape? Edible? Flower? Not picky or simply yes please?

trujaysfan

Edibles:

Foray - salted caramel chocolate
Tgod - infuser (10mg)
Toronto grey market - mom jeans makes one hell of a cookie

axlsalinger

I haven't tried vape or edible options yet (other than one unpleasant experience a couple of years back where an edible was just WAY too strong), gotta figure out what kind of device i would need for vaping.

Do people prefer sativa or indigo? I generally go with sativa although i do like some hybrids as well.

I wonder if they're going to be totally different names between Canada and US, but I definitely recommend Tangerine Dream by San Rafael '71.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
indica if it's late at night...which is 95% of my consumption

almost everything from Broken Coast is high quality

if you want something that's very mild (mostly CBD with a bit of THC), Aurora makes a strain called Cannatonic. Popular for medical patients that don't want much of a psychoactive effect, but prefer a relaxing massage type vibe.

Last edited:

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
indica if it's late at night...which is 95% of my consumption
Not all indica's are created equal.

Northern Lights and Purple Punch are great but Skywalker OG and Blueberry Kush are nasty.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
There are a few hybrids I've tried that are fine. Some sativa's make me too nervy. I don't have my log with me.

CH1

Not all indica's are created equal.

Northern Lights and Purple Punch are great but Skywalker OG and Blueberry Kush are nasty.

Blueberry is probably my favourite daytime strain....the Kush part will make it much darker I guess.

I mostly stay away from hybrids.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
If you are looking for vape systems the most popular here are the Pax, GIO Pod or standard thread systems. I'm not a fan of the GIO Pod, it clogs a lot. The Pax has a carb on it which actually works very well with vape however the cartridges tend to be a little more expensive.

Killer93

Currently have some purple kush which is decent. OG Kush has been great and also excited to try some master pink I got yesterday. Love my indica strains, not big on sativa

CH1

I have the Arizer Solo II --- love it. It's semi portable but not small enough to slip into your front pocket.

They have updated my model since then. I like that that it's all metal and glass, so I'm not inhaling any plastic.

CH1

I ran out of Grandaddy Purple -- that thing knocked me out cold. Was still half asleep the next morning until my first coffee. Will get it again if my insomnia returns

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
Have any of you noticed that certain strains make you feel very differently? There are two I absolutely have to stay away from, they put me in a nasty mood.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
I ran out of Grandaddy Purple -- that thing knocked me out cold. Was still half asleep the next morning until my first coffee. Will get it again if my insomnia returns
That's my "sleepy time" as I call it. Couple hits and I'm out like a light.

Bleedsblue&white

Arizer is a good name in vaporizers.
The portable has come a long way...they used to all be crap no matter what they told you, but now you can actually find nice little rechargeables.

axlsalinger

I'm not finding massive differences between strains, really. More subtle than anything.

I did try Galiano (Broken Coast) and it was decent. Strong but nothing special though a little different, I'd say Ghost Train Haze by Color Cannabis is similar but much better in that it's stronger and a different vibe than most regular strains.

God Bud is a good indica (or maybe it's a hybrid?)

Bleedsblue&white

Have any of you noticed that certain strains make you feel very differently? There are two I absolutely have to stay away from, they put me in a nasty mood.
Absolutely. Most people don't pay enough attention to this imo.
I have a strain or two that gives me headaches every single time, now I can avoid them.
I find that if you do a little research and find a strain guide you believe you can really open things up. I pay close attention to any mention of anxiety or paranoia and just stay away from those.
I have sativas for the day, but even there you can smoke some that make you want to do yardwork and some that just make you want to talk.

Indica for evening and sleep, with hybrids in the mix as well I can find a tokefor any occasion, and I do.