• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Having a coaching vacancy at the same time as PHX, PHI, MIL, and DET ( if they get a top 3 pick) feels very very suboptimal

Meh, Nurse probably gets one of the Bucks, Sixers, or Suns jobs (he's considered a top candidate for all 3 apparently). Budenholzer probably ends up in one of those as well and I wasn't particularly interested in him. I also don't think Detroit's job is particularly interesting for most coaches. They're most relegated to looking at younger ex players looking for a shot. They want Monty Williams, but I'd be fucking shocked if Williams had an offer from both us and them and took them. Shit city, young group miles from being competitive (it's really not that good a group of kids). It's everything that's bad about Toronto (weather) and basically nothing that's good about it.

Fwiw, I expect us to end up with one of Monty Williams, Earl Watson, JJ, Scariolo, or Chris Quinn. I'm good with any of them for now. I think the biggest thing the club needs right now is a new tactical look (not necessarily "better" than Nurse, just different) and better development/treatment of players. Nurse's rotation devolved into being horrific, and bringing a "player's coach" who spreads the load better and gets our younger bodies into more consisent and defined roles will pay off over the course of a season. It's the lowest hanging fruit on the tree of improvement imo and would be an obvious move by a new coach trying to come in and win some allies in the room.

Reactions: CH1
I mean if they get Wemby

or even Scoot or Miller

Meh, any coach who signs on now is unlikely to be there when Detroit is actually good again.

There's a reason they've been linked to random ex players and not prime candidates. It's a bad job right now, even if the ping pong balls go right tonight.

Without looking it up, who was the Cavs coach when Lebron was drafted? Yeah, fucked if I can remember either. I know it's not who he won titles with though.

Back