• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Heh. Wasn't wanting to play with Rivers cited as a big motivation for Kawhi signing there?

Yes...yes it was. Doc likes to tell the story about the night Kawhi went to meet with them at his house during the free agency craziness.

Fun stuff. The cherry on top of the sundae at this point would be the Clips flaming out again next year, and then Kawhi and/or George peacing out of there and leaving Ballmer holding the bag.

I don't see them being any better next season short of another "Nick Nurse" falling into their laps. They're capped out if they bring back Montrezl, so they're not signing anything other than ring chasers. The same group of assholes and primadonnas that quit in game 7 are still there...but everyone is a year older.

The thing about Balmer is, as much as I am rooting for (and will enjoy) the worst case scenario, the guy has so much fu money that he won’t feel a thing.

He took a high risk, expensive shortcut at making the Clippers legit, like most fans would love their team to do. Basically, he’s a fan with too much money.

When the Clippers go back to being irrelevant (for a long time), it’ll be just business as usual for them.

If we’re lucky, the gambit will serve as a cautionary tale the next time a star player and their favourite Uncle try to play GM on a cocktail napkin at 2am in the morning.

At least LeBron puts a decent amount of effort and foresight into his amateur GMing. Doesn’t call players he doesn’t personally know for a quick favour (like Kawhi did with Durant).

Kawhi should actually pony up for a legit player agent.

I mean, this season should have undone both the respective Kawhi and Raps narratives as they existed. I doubt it will, but it should have. And it makes me feel pretty damn good about the Raps, our system, and our personnel.

And what a fagpouchie Paul George is looking like

The thing about Balmer is, as much as I am rooting for (and will enjoy) the worst case scenario, the guy has so much fu money that he won’t feel a thing.

He took a high risk, expensive shortcut at making the Clippers legit, like most fans would love their team to do. Basically, he’s a fan with too much money.

When the Clippers go back to being irrelevant (for a long time), it’ll be just business as usual for them.

If we’re lucky, the gambit will serve as a cautionary tale the next time a star player and their favourite Uncle try to play GM on a cocktail napkin at 2am in the morning.

At least LeBron puts a decent amount of effort and foresight into his amateur GMing. Doesn’t call players he doesn’t personally know for a quick favour (like Kawhi did with Durant).

Kawhi should actually pony up for a legit player agent.

Yeah, I'm sure Ballmer will sleep fine at night on top of his giant pile of money no matter what happens with the Clips.

Even so, if his Kawhi/George gambit flames out after two years, no amount of money's going to buy him a championship in the foreseeable future when his team's lost its stars and have traded away their draft picks for the next ten years.

Unless he sells the Clippers and buys another NBA team, I guess.

Reactions: CH1
E3eHvns.gif

Kawhi is a bit of a shady shit disturber.

Glad he won us a title with an unreal run. But I think some of that had to do with the supporting cast around him being full of obviously really good dudes who staved off any potential toxicity. Until free agency hit, of course.

I wonder if Kawhi looks back now and thinks he should've stayed for one more year, probably facing Lebron in the finals now.

Or if he doesn't give two craps about anything.

he didn't look into it anymore

but he played a big part in our chip and post chip success

Back