• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: What are you Watching/Listening/Drinking?

Probably because I posted Dijon by Anton as one of my few processed foods. That was to precisely to sound pretentious. I often sarcastically laugh about it when friends are over for dinner.

I'm just fucking with you guys, as many concluded that my comments on processed food makes me a puritan.
funnily enough, it actually sounds like we have very similar ethos' when it comes to food. you just have what is, in my view at least, an unnecessarily pedantic approach to what is considered "processed" which is I think the source of the previous pages of highly amusing banter.

my partner and I prepare almost everything we eat ourselves, and when feasible spend far more at local markets/farms than at the grocery store. we are not as regimented as you or presto though in terms of avoiding take out. funnily enough before I met my partner I was basically in the same boat as both of you - I made everything from scratch from carefully selected ingredients. the wife (and working more) has eroded my commitment to that puritanism though, for better or worse (generally worse).

Probably because I posted Dijon by Anton as one of my few processed foods. That was to precisely to sound pretentious. I often sarcastically laugh about it when friends are over for dinner.
is it the Kozlik's? I have some of that kicking around too. great stuff.

funnily enough, it actually sounds like we have very similar ethos' when it comes to food. you just have what is, in my view at least, an unnecessarily pedantic approach to what is considered "processed" which is I think the source of the previous pages of highly amusing banter.

my partner and I prepare almost everything we eat ourselves, and when feasible spend far more at local markets/farms than at the grocery store. we are not as regimented as you or presto though in terms of avoiding take out. funnily enough before I met my partner I was basically in the same boat as both of you - I made everything from scratch from carefully selected ingredients. the wife (and working more) has eroded my commitment to that puritanism though, for better or worse (generally worse).
Nice. Yeah, I prepare almost everything I eat from scratch and have been dedicated to organic food only (outside of restaurants) since the early 90s. This all started with my ex, who is very ethical about everything. We started using organic foods because it's best for the environment and best for independent farmers.

What I have actually been eating today was a big thing of broccoli soup I made last night using chicken bone stock I made over the weeekend. Yummy!

iu

Back