• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 3 / Game 5: @ Las Vegas, Tuesday, June 22nd, 9:00EST (Series Tied 2-2)

now what do we expect of vegas next game? A team that will go all out for the win? Or a team that has already lost in their minds?
At first - great win! Habs really show what it means to be a team and what is possible if one fights for the other.

Quite unsure, but I do think that they will try to get an early lead and try to get control of the game (as Habsy mentioned I also expect them to give "everything" in the first). Will be important to score an early goal to get control (or do not lose control of the game). I even think if we do not lose the first quarter and have a lead in the second (or at least have a lead in the second) we will not lose the game. Habs looked really good on both sides of the field and if refs do not go crazy again it will be really difficult for Vegas to get back in the series.

At first - great win! Habs really show what it means to be a team and what is possible if one fights for the other.

Quite unsure, but I do think that they will try to get an early lead and try to get control of the game (as Habsy mentioned I also expect them to give "everything" in the first). Will be important to score an early goal to get control (or do not lose control of the game). I even think if we do not lose the first quarter and have a lead in the second (or at least have a lead in the second) we will not lose the game. Habs looked really good on both sides of the field and if refs do not go crazy again it will be really difficult for Vegas to get back in the series.
Seems like Habs for the most part have the better first period. I think if their goalie shuts the Habs down in the first, it will be a battle to the end.

Seems like Habs for the most part have the better first period. I think if their goalie shuts the Habs down in the first, it will be a battle to the end.
Just had a short look back at and I guess you are right. I think the longer Habs can hold the game open, the harder it will be for Vegas (if it's still tied midway through the second period, the Habs have the advantage) as they have to score and may get nervous (e.g. focus to much on offense; want to much).

We're definitely not stealing those games. We've been the better team by a good margin. Just solid smart gutsy hockey.
I’m very impressed w the way the Habs have trended in each series thus far. As each series has moved along, the Habs game has improved to the point they’ve taken over dictating game pace & style.

This is it for them…now or never…stars are aligned

(they are one Point-Kucherov-Vasili injury away from the Cup)
Getting ahead of myself, but curious to see what the shutdown line can do vs Point-Kucherov and the Grumpy old men line vs TBay’s 4th

Need to wrap this series up tomorrow night to find out...

I was expecting a huge push by Vegas in the first period last night and they did nothing. The crowd was essentially out of the game even before Kotkaniemi scored. Then at the end of the game I expected them to try and start some fights and instead they just stood around in the corner waiting for the clock to run out. That was Winnipeg Jets level quitting right there. So I don't know what Vegas team we're going to see on Thursday but one goal against is probably all it will take to break their spirit.

I really hope Fleury starts.

Sat back a little by Vegas didn’t have a ton of great scoring chances. Shots were only 12-9 and they were pressing
Yeah, it's almost impossible to not get "outplayed" in the 3rd when you have a multi goal lead.

I agree though... We were outplayed in the 3rd, but not badly.

He truly has been a revelation.

He's such a gamer.

What a gift to have him this year.

What's more?

The Leafs didn't choose him.

Instead? JT got his head caved in and I drink leaf can tears daily.

My neighbors still owe me beer.

They keep betting against the Habs, double or nothing.

Heh.

Delicious.

Yeah few play really injured but giving their 100%. Doesn't matter what happens this doesn't look like 2009 or 2014, it is team effort and result.

He truly has been a revelation.

He's such a gamer.

What a gift to have him this year.

What's more?

The Leafs didn't choose him.

Instead? JT got his head caved in and I drink leaf can tears daily.

My neighbors still owe me beer.

They keep betting against the Habs, double or nothing.

Heh.

Delicious.
Not American beer eh?

Back