• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 3 / Game 6: VS Las Vegas, Thursday, June 24nd, 8:00EST (Habs Lead 3-2)

Back in 93, HMV on St.Catherine’s had hired private security who avg 6’5 armed w semi-automatics and attack dogs. As the crowd approached the store, security w guard dogs took a step fwd, and the crowd immediately moved away...no damage done

In 86, people looted clothing stores and were pushing the racks full of clothes down St.Catherine
Yeah, I remember that store at the northeast corner of Bishop and Ste. Catherine called Splash. After the storefront was smashed out, there were women who were actually trying stuff on before they stole it. Then a block further east at Crescent there was a bunch of scaffolding in front of the building on the southwest corner that people dismantled and started a bonfire with in the middle of the intersection.

The cops were nowhere to be found. They were hiding. Totally and completely unprepared, as usual.

Yeah, I remember that store at the northeast corner of Bishop and Ste. Catherine called Splash. After the storefront was smashed out, there were women who were actually trying stuff on before they stole it. Then a block further east at Crescent there was a bunch of scaffolding in front of the building on the southwest corner that people dismantled and started a bonfire with in the middle of the intersection.

The cops were nowhere to be found. They were hiding. Totally and completely unprepared, as usual.
Yup Splash - and we were cracking up as we watched all the shit go down from the church roof across the street

Losings is hard. I still have a special hate for the flames after the 89 cup final loss even after all these years.
Yeah 89 still pisses me off. If Stan Smyl had scored on that overtime breakaway in Game 7 of the first round we would have won the Cup easily. Then in the finals Roy would flinch every time MacInnis wound up for a shot. I went to Game 3 that Ryan Walter won in double OT and thought we couldn't possibly lose. Then I went to Game 4.

Yeah 89 still pisses me off. If Stan Smyl had scored on that overtime breakaway in Game 7 of the first round we would have won the Cup easily. Then in the finals Roy would flinch every time MacInnis wound up for a shot. I went to Game 3 that Ryan Walter won in double OT and thought we couldn't possibly lose. Then I went to Game 4.
Still don’t quite get how St Patrick blew that MacDonald goal

Oh please. Every city has them. Try walking into Hard Rock Stadium decked out in bills gear. Especially during the bad years. Suck it up buttercup.

Oh please. Every city has them. Try walking into Hard Rock Stadium decked out in bills gear. Especially during the bad years. Suck it up buttercup.
But now that the Bills are good again you throw it in their faces when you go to Hard Rock, am I right?

The best thing about being a fan of a team is the schadenfreude you can dish out on your rivals. Right now I'm not even sure I'll relish the Cup as much as I relish beating the Leafs in round 1. I don't know any Isles or Bolts fans personally and those teams neither please nor offend me. But I do care that Leafs fans are miserable. It's the best part of my day.

Back